Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you knew in some way or somehow found out that we as mortal human beings actually do reincarnate, that we have the potential to live on forever, in countless new and other lives after death,

what would you do differently?

what would be the first thing you would want to do?

would your desires and wants change from what you craved for before?

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
what would you do differently?

I would be be more aggressive and assertive earlier in life and not pass up so many opportunities, I would actually focus on my education and not take 7 years to get out of college, I would put more emphasis on priorities that would make my life better and waste less time on stupidity and lastly I would force myself into meaningful relationships with people and not let them fade away.

what would be the first thing you would want to do?

Just start it all over with a fresh start in a fresh soul and body that wasn't crippled by years of emotional pain and suffering.

would your desires and wants change from what you craved for before?

I don't think so- I've always just wanted to be accepted and to have meaningful social relationships so I think I would still seek that out.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
That's impossible for me to believe. The Bible mentions no such thing. It says that when a person dies he returns to the dust and does not live from life to life.(See Ezekiel 18:4, 20) So I would not be able to imagine it. I guess maybe non-Christians could more picture that. Many non-Christians do but I cannot imagine why a Christian would.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would do absolutely nothing different, why would this knowledge change anything? After all even if your soul did go into other bodies it seems meaningless as you remember nothing between lives.

As I said on this topic before as a buddhist I keep an open mind on the topic but the skeptic in me finds it hard to believe, viewing it as a metaphor is more profitable. To die before you die is the secret to life whether there is an afterlife, God, reincarnation, ghosts, whatever is irrevelent because the present moment is what matters most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.