Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course not hate for people here but does anyone else feel at the point where they seriously hate people in general?

Currently feeling complete hate towards people in the real world.

Like most here, I have 0 friends and have tried for ages now to gain some friends. Looking back, 99% of people who have ever been in my life in the past as "friends", were just users.

These were friends around my college days and maybe just after. It was always the same crap. When they wanted something (like their computer needed fixing or they wanted to borrow cash) they would get in touch with me. When it came to me trying to talk to them, asking if they wanted to hang out etc, they just didn't reply to me.

With the rest, it was always about what they wanted to do when meeting. If I fancied a night out clubbing they couldn't be bothered, often I would have to bribe them by offering to pay for their night out just so I didn't have to go on my own.

On birthdays they never came out and from the ages of 21 upwards, I spent birthdays on my own in front of the tv.

Let's say over the past year then with people....

1 guy didn't have time for me until he found out I am good at music engineering. He then added me on FB and starting sucking up to me purely because he wanted some music work he had done engineered. If he didn't want anything, he wouldn't chat to me or reply to my friendly messages.

1 other guy was an acquaintance. Well more like a guy I met every few weeks to have a few drinks with. He was always a waste of space but parting ways with him would of left me with nobody. He screwed me over a few times but I let that go. Then I was seriously screwed over by him earlier this year and ended all contact for good.

The only other in the last year would of been this guy I knew back at school. He text me about meeting up, claimed he was just cleaning out his car and would meet in town at 3pm.... Just after 3pm he text saying he wont be there til 5pm. I waited and after 5pm text him again, no reply and never heard off him again.

Honestly speaking, if I look back at things. Nobody like a friend has ever done anything good for me. If anything many have made my life significantly worse and given me a hard time.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Don't have friends. Plain and simple. Like yourself, have fun yourself.

·
Banned
907 Posts
I know what you mean but in a different sense...I find it ridiculous how much emphasis people put on social status or what other people say about you when they consider hanging out with you or even associating with you at all....once people start talking negatively about you, that negativity seems to grow exponentially to the point where people you've never even met or spoken to dislike you for reasons unknown.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, I have that too.

It's like a chain. If because of SA, depression or whatever other reason 1 person dislikes you for the wrong reason's. They spread all sorts of rubbish to others who have never met or spoken to you and they dislike you for no reason.

I can imagine it now...

Narrow minded dumb person: "That guy there, see him.... don't hang around or talk with him, he is weird"
Other person: "Why do you think he is weird?"
Narrow minded dumb person: "I don't know, he just is"
Other person: "Oh ok, i'll just avoid him"

While that is a hypothetical situation, that is sadly pretty much what happens

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. It sucks how ****ty people are, I don't get how anyone can be like that. Don't hangout with people that treat you that way under any circumstances. I know it sucks being lonely but it's a lot better than being with people like that.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I generally have a hate for most people, and I know that I shouldn't, but I was hurt by so many people growing up, that my trust level is zero.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
I feel like I could have written that myself. Unfortunately that is just the way people are. They only care about what you have to offer them. If you are shy and awkward, then you can't really offer a fun or fulfilling friendship and they won't want to spend any of their leisure time with you. They will only take up an interest in you if you have something that they want or need and feel that they can easily exploit from you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hate the world sometimes too.I've just accepted the fact that in humanity terms,I am a superior person.I cannot believe the tons of shallow and follower types I come against all the time! It's like,Does this individual not have a mind and conscience of their own?I watch folks all the time obeying the masses not because they got involved in a cause or are pursuing a fact that's been laid bare for them to analyze and judge. These sheep,stand around and cast stones without any metal to back them.Fools.
Users? Fair weather friends? just people who pass in front of our screen,eat some popcorn and disappear.I see some of these people decades later and life has not been able to teach them anything.I would like to say that I have learned from my mistakes and maybe become a bit better a person,but I cant say that in all certainty.I still step all over myself and I get mad at those who care for me.The problem with us SA types is for the most part we have been dodging so many emotional bullets that we are hyper attuned to the world around us and we capture every nuance that people project.Yeah,it sux to be us but I'll say this,the ******* who thinks he/she,can hide behind their smile and superior attitude,hasn't got a chance in hell to pull it over on us.What does our awareness mean in the real world? Not a whole bunch but you have to ask yourself,Do I even need to share my time with these nobodys? No.You don't.But I need to survive and live in this world,I have no choice! Sometimes that's right,sometimes you just have to go about your business and leave the duds right where you found them,behind you.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I suppose I resent people. But I can't hate them for disliking me.
I dislike myself. I probably wouldn't be friends with me, either. Perhaps it's irrational to resent them for that, but I can't help it. Most people don't know what it's like to have absolutely no one to talk to, no one who likes you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I suppose I resent people. But I can't hate them for disliking me.
I dislike myself. I probably wouldn't be friends with me, either. Perhaps it's irrational to resent them for that, but I can't help it. Most people don't know what it's like to have absolutely no one to talk to, no one who likes you.
I find that I can only get the best from people in bits and pieces.I just cant be calm long enough(passion flower helps a bunch) to relax and enjoy someones else's company.I see friends who just spend hours together with no let down in the social action!amazing.I really admire that.I find myself looking for the exit and long after I've put distance and down the block,I'm thinking of a thousand other things I could have been doing. If I stick around to fit in,I end up disliking the entire scene.

·
Requires Partial Shade
236 Posts
I've experienced users on occasion, too, and they can be hard to detect at first because they can seem to genuinely want friendship (the red flag is, they also always want something such as money, a fixed computer, or assignment help but won't actually say or imply that they come to you for help).

I wouldn't say I hate people because of what I've experienced. but I think I only like the idea of people. When I'm able to have light conversation, I love people.

When it's beneath the surface, like people's real, honest thoughts as displayed on the Internet or a deeper conversation, I get to see people's prejudice, willful ignorance, entitlement, complacency, and more. I can't stand the ugliness and turn away.

I have many flaws, but I've tried my hardest and am still trying my hardest to destroy those things in myself. I can like people who get too heated during arguments, people who hide from conflict instead of being honest, people who are in love with things, or people who get carried away with talking, but I can't like people I see as ugly inside.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
only Authority

who tell me what I can't do. It's turned me into a rebel

When people say what I should do: I can absorb it. I goes either way - do as told or stay put. I usually act with thanks with 'I will' but don't

A pet hate is for people who are too slow and boring and don't react to my attempt of arousal

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some very interesting opinions.

"I cannot believe the tons of shallow and follower types I come against all the time"

Yeah THIS! I don't know if we see something other's in the social world don't. Like look at people who are very successful in the social world and have countless friends. They don't necessarily have that social standing because they are cool and awesome, but instead its because they are good at being fake and saying things that people want to hear.

Let's say this is a really stereotypical example, but it's the sort of thing that happens. A guy could be trying to make friends with a load of geeky people. He may have very limited knowledge in geeky things but could fake it and say what they want to hear. He could use his limited knowledge of computers to make conversation (even though deep down he hates technology), and only talk about things he know's they are interested in. This gives them the impression he's some cool guy they have a lot in common with and possibly a worthwhile friend.

Same as if someone was trying to make friends with a more metalhead/gothic group of people. The same guy could use his limited knowledge of metal bands, gig locations to try and make himself seem cool and appeal to this group of people. Talking about his real love for cheesy pop music would mean game over.

While it's not as straight forward as that, it's the general idea with making friends. Sucking up to people, showing knowledge of things the other person is into and convincing them to like you.

Everyone does have their flaws but to some extent even when you work on the flaw's/hate for yourself, society doesn't always notice the changes and it still means you have to fake it and convince people that you could be a worthy friend.

I had my downsides like a really bad gambling problem and was sloppy with the clothes I wore. I worked hard in recovery to quit gambling, this reduced the depressed feeling after a loss and allowed me to start having money to my name. I bought a load of new clothes to make myself look more presentable and feel better as a whole.... Nothing has changed though in regards to things with people. Same rule applies of having to fake it.

So I guess people don't need to change or better themselves and should just continue being as they are

381 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about OP. I even remember vividly a few times walking into a grocery store early in the morning, getting a few "good mornings" from the people that worked there and being mildly annoyed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It all boils down to sincerity. And that's what the world is lacking because everyone is in it for themselves. People ask you how you are with the thought "i'm being nice by saying this" or "this is the right thing to say" where in reality that isn't being nice. In fact it's the opposite.

I love people who are real. Who say something, and actually mean it. Which you don't find often.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts