Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we've been texting back and forth for a few days, and today he suggested that we hang out when i finished my homework. of course i wanted to, but i was really nervous... anyway, i said yes, and we had a good time--if a bit awkward. we met up at the library because he was looking for a book, but he couldn't find anything so he drove me to the bookstore and he got a book there. then we went to target and wandered around for a while, and then i had to get home to walk my dog before dark lol. but it was really nice, the whole thing lasted about 3 hours and was only minimally awkward. and just as i started writing this, he texted me again:)

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's awesome there is defiently potential for a relationship there. It's great you found someone you really click with. You having already talked to him alot and hungout with him makes going out alot easier.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
That's really cool! Sounds like you had a good time, even if you just hung out at Target lol. Hopefully you guys are able to hit it off. He seems to like you.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he's been on and off with another girl though, and i'm not sure what their situation is at the moment. i'm too afraid to ask. i think enough of him to assume that he isn't going to cheat on her, and of course if it comes to that i'll make sure that's the case.

·
Amazing
363 Posts
You should be so proud of yourself just for hanging out with him!! Good for you! Keep it up.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
This is great lilly, you really seem to be improving with confidence and I think that is rubbing off on the guys as well. Hopefully this will become something in the future if everything falls into place.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Sounds like a fun time :)

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*update: we're going to a concert together in about 3 weeks :) (taking back sunday, carolina liar, and anberlin)

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's really great :)
I'm glad to hear it.

And you know what's particularly great? That you talk about that fact that it was awkward sometimes like it was nothing. And it was nothing, cause awkwardness ain't out of the ordinary. And I salute you for not turning it into a big deal!!!
Good job!

Why do I say this?
I tend to dwell on awkwardness sometimes. It's a vice I've been working on. So really, I do salute you.

And I think this guy either A) thinks you're really cool, or B) likes you!!!

:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts