Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sh0gun831 said:
Yesterday I went to Hurricane Harbor with two of my friends, and I hardly felt anxious at all. I was so proud of myself, I even managed to walk around for four hours without my shirt on... It turned out a lot better than I thought it would, and I actually was being myself and having fun. When we got back to his house though, I think I messed up when his sister's boyfriend was asking me what school I was going to (at the time I was anxious though), but besides that everything was okay. Anyway, I've never been in a situation before where one of my friends had an older, attractive female sister, so I'm trying not to go too hard on myself. For some reason, I cried myself to sleep though, I guess because when you realize how much you've missed out on, it shows you how horrible SAD really is, but the only difference now is that it's motivating me, not pulling me back down.
Its great that you had a great time. Its days like this that keep us going.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Sh0gun831,

Sh0gun831 said:
attractive female sister
Yep, sisters do tend to be female :lol (Just kidding - it just stood out)

Sh0gun831 said:
For some reason, I cried myself to sleep though, I guess because when you realize how much you've missed out on, it shows you how horrible SAD really is, but the only difference now is that it's motivating me, not pulling me back down
I went through this same thing as at a wedding reception this summer! I cried in a city plaza for 30 minutes while everybody was dancing and having a good time. SAD is a fun-robbing happiness black hole. I am glad that you are using this to motivate you. You learned something and that is awesome!

You still get all three boogies in my book! :boogie :boogie :boogie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts