Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to otakon (an anime convention). i went by myself. i had a lot of fun. it was amazing; this time last year, i would have been a wreck, wandering around the convention center alone. this time, i just went for it, i met some fun people there, too.
at the convention, being what it was, i was kind of able to i guess fit in more easily than i could anywhere else. at least i know that everyone there at least has one thing in common with me.
i also went to a party that's part of the convention, and someone asked me to dance. this was a HUGE boost of confidence for me, even though it did get a little creepy later on, (he wanted to take me to his hotel room with him...at that point i just left the party all together.) it still felt good to get that attention....
yay.

·
PASTAMANIA BROTHER
441 Posts
Wow, sounds like you had a good time. I would never expect to have fun going to something like that by myself. I'm an anime fan myself and I live in LA, so we have the Anime Expo every year but I've never gone. I was actually going to meet up with someone I knew over the internet but those plans fell through so I never went.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts