Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a place that I might want to live in. I'm far from actually getting enough money to travel or live somewhere else at the moment, but I'm planning ahead. I just want to know if anyone can contribute any knowledge they have of anywhere that has a good mix of East and West coast, in terms of people. I also love the busy-ness of New York (maybe not that busy) and the huge-ness and variety of it, but I love the weather and free-ness or wide-ness of the land of the West (instead of cramped city with one big park like NewYork lol)

any suggestion would work, throw in whatcha got =) much appreciated, thanks =)

·
Registered
643 Posts
You probably want to move to a city where most of the people who live there are not from there. That would give you a good mix of people. Try LA or Phoenix or DC something like that. I've heard nobody there is from there. I don't know for sure but I remember reading that somewhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
San Francisco? Its really nice there. people are great, busy like a city should be, variety of people as well...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
San Francisco? Its really nice there. people are great, busy like a city should be, variety of people as well...
is SanFran really busy? I tend to think of Californian cities to be somewhat empty in comparisson to East Coast cities. Idk that's just a bias of mine bc everywhere i've been i've never had that Big Busy City vibe with lots of people everywhere. Then again i've never been to LA, or San Fran lol, just lived in suburbs.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
SF is somewhat comfortable and laid back to my mind. You see people of all kinds walking and riding bike. People doing stuff. Street buskers who break dance or perform or play music, you know, without an audition or permit. The weather is never too hot and there is usually a demonstration or an event to see.

Where I live people don't do anything interesting out in the open or for anyone to see. People go to work, come home, mind their own business. Pray to god. Watch TV. Drink to relieve the sheer boredom of it all, so deep in the vacuum of their template lives in template houses that they are afraid to step out and do something for fear of ridicule or a major crush and beat down. There is no freedom to step outside of mundane routines here because the people have a living dead complex and weak personalities and not enough ambition to truly live- not enough of courage to crawl out of the mud they were pushed in or fell in. I feel like that. live, damn you! live!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SF is somewhat comfortable and laid back to my mind. You see people of all kinds walking and riding bike. People doing stuff. Street buskers who break dance or perform or play music, you know, without an audition or permit. The weather is never too hot and there is usually a demonstration or an event to see.

Where I live people don't do anything interesting out in the open or for anyone to see. People go to work, come home, mind their own business. Pray to god. Watch TV. Drink to relieve the sheer boredom of it all, so deep in the vacuum of their template lives in template houses that they are afraid to step out and do something for fear of ridicule or a major crush and beat down. There is no freedom to step outside of mundane routines here because the people have a living dead complex and weak personalities and not enough ambition to truly live- not enough of courage to crawl out of the mud they were pushed in or fell in. I feel like that. live, damn you! live!
Dang. Where do you live, if you don't mind?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I live in the valley of the shadow of death~ the heart of the beast. where it all began. It's really pretty and beautiful in the foothills and around the areas that haven't been developed, but I get restless staying in one place for too long. I've established a love-hate relationship with my home and I don't think I will easily make a permanent residence of elsewhere. Where will I go to get away? Home? =ll

1 - 7 of 7 Posts