Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's really hard to say who is bad and who is good , i mean i can do something that i feel good and satisfied about while other people consider that as a bad attitude , for example someone ask me to do something while i already have plans for myself , well if i refuse then that person might think i'm being bad.
And you know each and every human being can be considered as good for a circle of people while being considered as bad for another circle of people in his/her life. a really bad person in society can be a good person for his/her family and for his/her best friends and we usually can find those pure bad people in the movies , politics, etc...
The best thing is to listen to the feeling and do what your feeling says to do cause it's impossible to make all the people consider you as a good person. but it's deniable that logic can identify who is good and bad but since humans are emotional and power , money, etc... can affect your emotions , logic is useless , i think that's how world is such a cruel place.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've been asking myself this question an awful lot lately, so I look forward to reading the answers other people will provide.

This post is just so that I get updates about the thread. :D

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
A good person thinks about what is right and wrong - tries to do the right thing, will have a set of morals to go by and will do what they think is right even if it is a lot of effort and no reward is offered.

But then again I don't think there is such thing as a good person or a bad person full stop.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
I don't think either exists, you can't categorise everyone into some dichotomy of 'good' or 'bad'. I mean, people say Hitler was apparently a really nice guy to be around and unless you knew he was going to be commiting mass genocide in a few years then in his youth you'd of thought him a great guy.

There are no good or bad people, only good and bad actions, measured by how much suffering and how much joy they ultimately bring into the world. The average person performs a mix of mildly bad and mildly good actions throughout there life. Some people are biased towards one side or another to varying extents, but nobody is wholly good or bad. Some people commit good and bad actions of greater magnitude, but this is often simply because their position means their choices affect more people (e.g. business leaders, politicians). Some people have mental illnesses or suffered environmental variables such as child abuse which hugely affect the choices they make, but to say they were good or bad as a result of this would imply, for example, that abuse turns people evil. If people can be 'turned' good or bad, then they are fundamentally neither which brings us back to the start - you can only be judged by your actions, and the average person really isn't capable of being truly 'bad' to any great extent unless they go around starting fights, killing and raping people etc - but then that's hardly average.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.