Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they cross tolerant? for example will taking ritalin for many weeks affect the tolerance of an amphetamine if i have never been on it?

at the moment im taking dex-amphetamine and i am taking a break for a week and was wondering if its safe to take some ritalin (lots of studying to do this week for a test) i havent had dex for about 4 days and need a boost for studying today. would it be safe? i was prescribed it a few months ago

ritalin come downs are horrible, good thing i have some benzo's to help with that haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am not 100% sure so please don't take my word for it, but I am pretty sure they are cross-tolerant just like benzos and alcohol are cross-tolerant. Hope that helps. They are both stimulants with similar effects so increasing a tolerance for one would increase the tolerance for another stimulant.

If you used cocaine everyday then drank a coffee, i'm sure in comparison the coffee would have no effect since you are tolerant to a stronger stimulant.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I am not 100% sure so please don't take my word for it, but I am pretty sure they are cross-tolerant just like benzos and alcohol are cross-tolerant. Hope that helps. They are both stimulants with similar effects so increasing a tolerance for one would increase the tolerance for another stimulant.

If you used cocaine everyday then drank a coffee, i'm sure in comparison the coffee would have no effect since you are tolerant to a stronger stimulant.
I want to say I disagree in some ways. Reason being is my example of my alcohol experience.

I drank coors light for a while, probably a good year. I started drinking Blue moon which is a wheat beer and it knocked me out big time. This may be a bad comparison, but I think there's something going on medically that we don't understand?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.