Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Thursday, I made a list of all the SA fears I could think of, and rated them from the easiest to overcome to the hardest. Then, I started confronting some of the easier ones. I have driving performance anxiety. So, I drove through an expressway tollbooth twice, and also through my first ever car wash. I also went to the library, and to three stores (including a "super" grocery store) alone. I have a long way to go before I become totally comfortable with these things, but it's a start...

·
Registered
170 Posts
thats a great idea that your doing there. gl on making it to the top of the list 8)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Good job, LostSockMonkey :boogie :boogie :boogie!

If you get to the top fears and still have a problem, try breaking them down by listing speciific fears underneath them. It'll help you to figure out what is causing them!

·
Registered
202 Posts
missnat84 said:
Great idea :idea
:agree and congrats on confronting so many "list items"!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like that the sequence. Start out small then work your way to hardest. the small triumphs gives confidence to defeat the bigger ones.

CONGRATS!!! :nw :nw :nw :nw

·
Registered
319 Posts
lostsockmonkey said:
On Thursday, I made a list of all the SA fears I could think of, and rated them from the easiest to overcome to the hardest. Then, I started confronting some of the easier ones. I have driving performance anxiety. So, I drove through an expressway tollbooth twice, and also through my first ever car wash. I also went to the library, and to three stores (including a "super" grocery store) alone. I have a long way to go before I become totally comfortable with these things, but it's a start...
Congrats to you :nw let us know when u reach the top :)

thats a good tactic..*Starts making a laundry list of SA fears to acheive..

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is terrific, first you made a list so you know what you are dealing with, then rated them, then started doing the easier ones, I really really like that you are challenging yourself with little steps!!!!
It is little steps done reasonably consistantly that can, with time add up to solid and substantial progress!!!!!

Good For You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts