Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never did I imagine myself doing this, but I did it. I paraded around in a Carnival parade, dressed as the joker, in full view of the public.

This act was motivated by two questions I have been asking myself for 3 years now :

1. Why stand on the side and watch the carnival if I have no friends / date with me ?

2. Why join a band and spend the whole carnival parade worried about not having the guts to dance with one of the girls in the band ?

I have been thinking about this over and over again. The solution cannot be to just stop attending the carnival- that would be retreat. Instead I choose to fly it solo, no friends, no girls, no pressure.

And you know what ? I liked it. No. I loved it. I spent the parade entertaining bystanders with my antics, taking pictures with tourists, and delighting / frightening children. :D

P.S. I hope i get the prize for best costume.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Oh Dude, that is the most incredible thing I have heard all day. Well done. Way to take action. even with a costume I would be too scared to put on a show. What a feel good story. Thank you

·
Keeping the Faith
236 Posts
That is freakin' awesome! I'd be way too chicken to pull that one off, haha.

·
Life sucks
1,735 Posts
Now thats priceless. Looking like you had a ball of fun. Congrats man :)

Sweet Costume

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
Most people, not just SASers have an issue with performing in public. This was a huge step!

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
What sherbert said. Great job!

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. This meant so much to me. For me it was almost like a way of venting ...like a way of saying to everyone:

"you think I'm weird because I am quiet, nervous, and listen to "white-music" well I don't give a ____ what you think !"

·
Ummmmmm
351 Posts
That is simply awesome! Well done :yes And if you don't get the prize for best costume, well then:mum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts