Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a typical day like for you? What do you do, where do you go, who do you see,etc. I'm curious to know how we all maintain life with SA. Wondering if anyone else is as bad at it as I am, lol.

For me, my day begins by me going to bed.. since my bodily clock is royally screwed up and I can not sleep unless it's, at the earliest, after 4 AM. Usually it's after 5. Right now it's 4:56, lol. I just tried to sleep for nearly 40 minutes but it was hopeless.

When I wake up, any time between 11 and 3, I first check my cellphone only to not be surprised that I don't have any texts or missed calls. I head out to the living room where I find my dad and older brother. Dad's watching TV. Brother is on the computer. If my mom is off that day, she's out in the pool. (dad and brother recently got laid off =( ) I consider going to swim with my mom and keep her company but don't because that would require wearing a swimsuit. and, yeah, no.

The rest of the morning/afternoon I spend either watching TV or sitting at the computer, usually the last one. Most of that time is spent on IMDB while I rack my brain for something to do. I could clean something, but wait... I'm trying to think of something fun to do. So no.

It's about this time I'll get a text message from my sister showing me the latest picture of her brand new 11 day old baby. She's adorable.

Finally I shower and get ready for the day that's half over. If it's a Monday or Wednesday, I get ready to go to my GED class. If it's any other weekday I get ready to take my fat (but beautiful) dog for her walk around the block because that's all her old bones can handle. If it's a Friday or Saturday, I'm getting ready to get drunk. Sad but true.

I get home and go back on the computer or to the TV.

That was so boring and predictably accurate it hurts to click the submit new thread button. So come on. What's your day usually like?

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Well for me it is ever changing at the moment but I currently:

Wake up ~7am, shower, breakfast, computer (SAS chat, skype, forums) then lunch then more chat then dinner then more chat and forums then bed around 11. Rinse and repeat.

So not thrilling at all currently though the weekends I usually go out to a friends place or a party which has been good.

From next week until the end of October I will be in Malaysia working though which will be flat out so everything will be turned upside down, don't think I will even be able to come onto SAS :(

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
I usually wake up at 8:30, lie in bed until about 9:00. Weigh myself, which I shouldn't be doing, I'm naughty haha. Turn on the computer - check my email, come on SAS. Have breakfast. Take Zoloft at 9:30. Then the rest of my day consists of the following, in no particular order - exercise, watch anime, play games, go out somewhere (usually shopping or a doctor's appointment), read, study Japanese and cleaning up.
I lead a pretty exciting life haha.

·
Registered
449 Posts
4am: wake up, hit snooze about 3 times.
4:30: shower, make breakfast
5:go to work
6:punch in to work
2:30pm: punch out of work
3:15: arrive home, take shower and go on internet
sometime between 4 and 6, eat dinner.
then back to internet.
8: watch tv, get ready for bed. asleep by 9:30.
weekends: same, only cut out the work part.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I get up as late as possible, brush my teeth and leave my house at around 7:45am, depending on what time I start work.
I work for 8-12 hours, I come straight home. Make something to eat, have a shower, then go turn on the computer, have a joint, and listen to music or watch internet videos and post on message boards.
If I have a day off I sleep in til midday. Make breakfast, drive or take a bus to the mall and bum around for half an hour. Then I come home, feeling like I've done something, and sit on the computer.
Apart from work I spend my time with no one.

On second thought lets not talk about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On a typical work day;

6:30 AM: Wake up
7:30 AM: Arrive at work early (before the vast majority of my coworkers, because I have a fear of arriving later to work than others, plus I like the quite before 8AM)
7:30 AM-lunch: Work on my Mac and PC with client's files, hope that I will not have to call and/or see clients (this is not part of my job, but I'm asked to do it from time to time)
Lunch: I go home to eat lunch with my husband. Partly because I don't like to go out and get unhealthy, fast food. Also, because the break room is tiny, intimidating and smelly. Mostly because I love seeing my husband. :)
After lunch-4:30 PM: Work some more, usually taking a walking break with one of my best friends/coworkers
4:30-5:30 PM: Gardening, yard work, house cleaning
5:30-6:30 PM: Cooking dinner with my husband, or eating with my parents, sometimes I go out with friends or other family members.
6:30-10:00 PM: Spending time with my husband. We love to take walks, sometimes we watch DVDs or Hulu. Sometimes I clean or do artwork, or help my husband with a home-project. Also, I play with my pet birds, and eventually shower.

There, everything you could ever want to know about a typical day in the life of me. :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
7.00: Wake Up
8.30 till 4.30: School
5.00: home or to the gym
around 6.00: Dinnner
Then watching tv, doing homework, go on the internet.
I should go to bed around 11.00 but mostly it's later because I can't easily get to sleep.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Wake up
Turn on PC
Sit in front of PC
Play video games and browse the few forums I visit while listening to music or watching tv
Turn off PC
Go to bed

Yep about all I do is set in front of my computer all day long, going on 8+ years like this.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
wake up at six, lay in bed for awhile till 7, get up and take a shower and get ready and go to school at 7:40, I get home at 12, eat lunch, and then get on my computer, I will migrate from playing games, sitting on my computer, watching a show or anime, or studying for a test in my room if one is coming up. This is all done radomly throught the day after I get home, no set time or anything. I will occasionally also leave my room and go outside just because( just the back yard though), go to a movie or borders every now and then, play a card or board game with my sister and some other family member in the house, or go play tennis with my dad and sister( this is the only "outside activity I really do regularly, and its just for fun).
Sometimes I may go fishing in the summer or whenever its hot, I don't really enjoy doing it but every male in my family does and I get talked into doing even if I don't really want to, when winter comes around I may go hunting. Even though I do these two things, I don't do them regularly enough to be considered a daily activity.

·
Registered
94 Posts
6:40 wake up, weigh myself, shower, get ready for school
8:00 bus to school
9:00 school
11:00 go anywhere for lunch, kill time
1:00 more school
3:00 bus home
4:00 get on computer
5:00 make and eat supper
6:30 watch tv
9:00 go for a walk
10:00 read in bed until I fall asleep

before I went back to school it was:
wake up whenever
move between computer and tv
eat
go for an hour walk somewhere in there
eat
go to bed whenever

·
Registered
137 Posts
6:10AM: Wake up
7:00AM: Arrive at work
~4:00PM: Go home
4:30-6ish: Mess around online
Eat dinner, watch tv, mess around on the computer some more.
Go to bed around 11 or 11:30.

Pretty much go to work, come home, go to work, come home....

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
On a regular weekday:

7 AM - wake up
8 AM - get out of bed
10 AM - work
3 PM - come home, watch TV, walk outside, play video games, etc.
6 PM - Dinner, take a shower
8 - 10 PM - Internet

Then I go to sleep and repeat everything the next day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
wake up around 7-ish, at work by 8am. No breakfast. Do my work while utilizing expert avoidance skills, and projecting an unfriendly exterior. Go home for lunch at 12. Eat, listen to music or a podcast, see my two gorgeous cats. Return to work by 1pm. Try to look busy even though I have very little work to do. Boss sits directly behind me. Feel paranoid and exhausted after a day of sitting at a desk. Rush out of there quick at 5 sharpish. usually eat dinner by 6.
Spend the rest of day online wasting all my available free time. Sometimes I will do some excersize if I can summon the will power. Think about getting ready for bed around 12. Don't go to sleep until 2am.
Repeat until Sat and Sun when I stay up even later and awake no earlier than 12pm or later.

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
I hate whenever I'm asked what I've been up to. Because the answer is always, without fail 'nothing much.' :roll

Basically on a 'normal' day without any appointments or anything, I get up at around lunch time/the afternoon if I've had an especially late night, go on the computer, slowly get dressed, stay on computer all day, do a few house chores, greet my mum when she gets home, watch tv/have dinner, go on the computer some more, maybe have a shower, more computer, go to bed.

Yeah, I'm pathetic.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Wake up, try to remember dreams, go back to sleep if they were good, wake up if they weren't. Try to figure out what time it is. Bathroom, something to drink, turn on tv to a sports news channel, sit at computer, reply to IM's if I have any, come to this site, check a few other sites, focus more on TV if no one is online to talk to, get something to eat and then I just wait basically til Im tired enough to fall asleep. I may also play poker or listen to music to kill my boredom but I spend about 23 hours a day inside my bedroom.

You working people are usually waking up right as I fall asleep. I admire all of you for being able to keep a job and your sanity. Good for you guys. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
My day goes something like this....

Woke up, got out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, i noticed i was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
Somebody spoke and i went into a dream
Ah

Thats a day in the life for me

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
My alarm goes off at 10 pm, but I don't get up until around a quarter to eleven. I stumble around getting ready for work and usually make it just in time. I autopilot through my obligatory 8 hours while wishing I were sleeping and vow to be in bed by 1 pm next time. After work, I take Tucker to the park and walk for 40-45 minutes. I come home, waste my time on the TV/computer and play with Tucker on and off. I'm tired until around 12 pm when I become annoyingly alert. 1 pm passes. Then 2.. 3.. 4.. I need to go to bed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts