Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm going to my psychiatrist so I'll see if I can get some Adderall... Also I'm going to try and get Klonopin or something more intense than that. Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Do not depend on harmful pills for confidence boosters because it doesn't do that. The confidence comes from within you and what you think of yourself no pill is going to do that. Please don't take these awful pills.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Xanax bars, or any other benzodiazepine.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Which drug, in your opinion, is the best for tackling a lack of confidence?
I haven't tried that many (illict) drugs, but of the things I have tried..Tramadol was probably closest to confidence in a pill for me for a while. But of course, like all good things, it didn't last.

Tramadol has 3 distinct actions, it's like an amphetamine, an opiate and an anti-depressant, all rolled into one. Triple whammy. It was a summer about 3 years ago when I discovered it. Heady times. I thought I had tasted heaven. All my cares and worries were instantly gone. It was like walking on air and being wrapped in velvet. I became happier than I'd ever felt and just had that permanent "alright" feeling, felt connected to the world again. No longer self-conscious and fearful. I was even tripping slightly on it and everything seemed brighter and rosier. I had no trouble smiling and making conversation with strangers. And the best part too, I could get so much done on it. Exercising to extreme levels was effortless and exhilarating. Doing household chores enjoyable! I actually got very organised and tidy, and entered my most productive phase in my work for years. Damn, sounds like an advertisement for Tramadol, but seriously it really was all that. It just didn't last and the magic wore off and I wasn't able to get it back.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I haven't tried that many (illict) drugs, but of the things I have tried..Tramadol was probably closest to confidence in a pill for me for a while. But of course, like all good things, it didn't last.

Tramadol has 3 distinct actions, it's like an amphetamine, an opiate and an anti-depressant, all rolled into one. Triple whammy. It was a summer about 3 years ago when I discovered it. Heady times. I thought I had tasted heaven. All my cares and worries were instantly gone. It was like walking on air and being wrapped in velvet. I became happier than I'd ever felt and just had that permanent "alright" feeling, felt connected to the world again. No longer self-conscious and fearful. I was even tripping slightly on it and everything seemed brighter and rosier. I had no trouble smiling and making conversation with strangers. And the best part too, I could get so much done on it. Exercising to extreme levels was effortless and exhilarating. Doing household chores enjoyable! I actually got very organised and tidy, and entered my most productive phase in my work for years. Damn, sounds like an advertisement for Tramadol, but seriously it really was all that. It just didn't last and the magic wore off and I wasn't able to get it back.
Still a pretty nice run and reaction to the drug considering it doesn't do much for a lot of people here and one guy felt absolutely nothing. Only the highest of doses works for me and I don't have any tolerance to it, if I don't take at least 400 mg I find it doesn't really help with pain or mood.

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
Do not depend on harmful pills for confidence boosters because it doesn't do that. The confidence comes from within you and what you think of yourself no pill is going to do that. Please don't take these awful pills.
Do you post this same rubbish in every thread? Just wondering. If people are set on taking pills, one guy posting the same routine about how harmful they are over and over again isn't going to change anything.

Also, stimulants.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cocaine like substance
methylphenidate ( Ritalin )

Amphetamines like you suggested goes harder on the body i think. Methylphenidate will give your mind confidence.

I guess it's up to the individual though, but i would certainly prefer Methylphenidate.

·
Registered
301 Posts
some ssris like zoloft are supposed to ...its debateable seems to vary from person to person.

amphetamines will , but as everyone says watch out for tolerance and addiction once you start abusing them you can get in deep

i would try starting with an SSRI and see if it works before messing around with stims and benzos because they can be really addictive. my psych said zoloft is the most effective from his practice but each psych will have a different opinion

i have to admit i didnt think benzos were too addictiing because i have taken a lot of xanax in the past and it really was not a very pleasant effect but recently my dr gave me kpins to help me sleep i have to admit they are very addicting ive already taken a months supply in like 2 weeks they have a good "high" and give me a very strong urge to keep redosing after a few hrs. it has had no effect on my SA tho lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cocaine like substance
methylphenidate ( Ritalin )

Amphetamines like you suggested goes harder on the body i think. Methylphenidate will give your mind confidence.

I guess it's up to the individual though, but i would certainly prefer Methylphenidate.
Sorry,
i see that Adderall isn't real Amphetamine ( it has Dextroamphetamine in it aswell ), so maybe this makes it better.

Also, because Amphetamine goes harder on my body ( and is less mental compared to Methylphenidate ), it doesn't necessarily is the case for you.
You guys in her seem to go for Adderall and i am sure you are right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
some ssris like zoloft are supposed to ...its debateable seems to vary from person to person.
Yea, this. These are easy to get and have less downsides than other medication. Paxil has worked great for me. It feels like it has removed this constant fear that was in the back of my mind. It's hard to explain.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts