Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends! I'm new here... Just want to share a zine I start drawing and hope you could give me some feedback :) So I plan to use different animal characters and draw the scenarios of them experiencing social anxiety. This is the first story about a cat (it's me actually)! At each story's end, there will be some questions for readers to reflect on and provide them with the coping mechanism corresponding to the specific negative thought. I hope to know if this zine is interesting to you and would you like to share a story with me? I will draw it in the zine under your consent(with an animal character you prefer).
This is the cover of the zine:
Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Circle

The cat's story:
Hairstyle Product Organ Human Organism
White Product Black Rectangle Organism
Font Rectangle Art Parallel Drawing

·
experimental sincerity
1,446 Posts
I love this, it's really cute and informative. Actually, I've been in this particular situation a lot of times...Here's an idea if you want one, from personal experience. I've walked down the street and two guys were coming from the opposite direction. As they passed me, they laughed. I started thinking what was so weird about me that it made them laugh. Although I guess this is another mind reading scenario.

If you'd like a different negative thought, here's another experience. I have a weekly phone call with a friend. For a while, I would prepare for the call by writing down a list of things to talk about in case I run out of things to say. This is a Spotlight Fallacy: talking to people is like performing on stage. If I don't come across as witty, clever and interesting, people won't like me.

If you do decide to use either of these, I'd like to be a fish!

Reactions: carefreeirie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love this, it's really cute and informative. Actually, I've been in this particular situation a lot of times...Here's an idea if you want one, from personal experience. I've walked down the street and two guys were coming from the opposite direction. As they passed me, they laughed. I started thinking what was so weird about me that it made them laugh. Although I guess this is another mind reading scenario.

If you'd like a different negative thought, here's another experience. I have a weekly phone call with a friend. For a while, I would prepare for the call by writing down a list of things to talk about in case I run out of things to say. This is a Spotlight Fallacy: talking to people is like performing on stage. If I don't come across as witty, clever and interesting, people won't like me.

If you do decide to use either of these, I'd like to be a fish!
Thank you, I really appreciate it!!
I have the same experience, I always rehearse the conversations in my head and it takes time...
BTW, is there any specific type of fish you like? 🐠

·
experimental sincerity
1,446 Posts
Thank you, I really appreciate it!!
I have the same experience, I always rehearse the conversations in my head and it takes time...
BTW, is there any specific type of fish you like? 🐠
Oh yeah, it's especially annoying when I'm trying to fall asleep and my brain is going through various permutations in conversations I'm not likely to ever have. A pike or a carp would be cool but feel free to pick whatever works for you : )

Reactions: carefreeirie
1 - 4 of 4 Posts