Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I should do a post here and formerly introduce myself as I have only registered a few days ago but already have posted elsewhere...

Well let's see, hmm I hate doing this.. I'm 39, male, live alone in Worcestershire in England.. rarely see my family, have no friends I see other than online people I chat to, I live in a flat and rarely see my neighbours and never speak to them. In fact the only people I speak to are the postman and delivery people, that's about it.

I love animals, cats and birds especially. Cats come and visit me occasionally and birds visit my balcony every day where I feed them. Occasionally I will find injured birds and nurse them back to health.

I ride an electric bicycle which I made myself and I like to go for long rides in the countryside, take photos and feed the ducks sometimes.

I haven't used a shop in at least 7 years. Shops are my worse nightmare. I have forgotten what money looks like. I buy everything online, even my food shopping gets delivered every 2 weeks (used to be monthly). I'm a vegetarian, well practically vegan now as I can't tolerate dairy foods.

I have loads of health problems but try not to think about them and never go see doctors. Waste of time and too stressful.

I like to exercise and do fitness when I can be motivated and have the energy. I think exercise is great. I go through periods of being very fit or extremely unhealthy. When I do exercise, I like early morning running and weight lifting which I do at home. I also like tai-chi and meditation to relax. I recently turned my loft into a meditation room which is my hideaway.

I have loads of hobbies, but not enough time or concentration to focus on any of them for long. My dad was an artist and I have inherited his artistic tendencies but I find it hard to make time to draw or paint, and I wish I could. I recently began experimenting with making short experimental films.

I love antiques and buy loads of old things, including furniture when i can pluck up the courage.

I prefer female company to male company if I do meet people in real life. Despite my SA, I have travelled quite a bit and have had quite a few girlfriends. I have always managed to hide my SA from them and drinking and smoking gave me confidence but I can no longer drink much now or smoke any more for health reasons.

I have one half-brother and he is the polar opposite to me and very social and outgoing. Unfortunately I don't have much to do with him and only see him a couple of times a year.

Heh. This wasn't supposed to be such a long ramble or my life story, but there you go. Now you know everything about my uneventful life.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, DK3! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey DK3 welcome. :hyper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts