Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i just got to say before i tell you some things, what a change this last month has been, when you make changes in yourself and all the things you want to do differently actually CAN happen, when it does it happens REALLY fast.

so on aug 1st, i went to a concert in vancouver with some old friends, that day was the first time i accepted someones invite since i can't remember when, the first time i went out to have some good times in years.

the weekend after, went to a party, made somewhat of an *** of myself because i got too drunk and got sick in front of everyone, yeah...smoooth, however it was still alot of fun.

the week after i went to a restuarant/pub to meet with some old coworkers, we all used to work at this place, we're all still in contact tho and meet up several times a year, only this time, i finally went...had an awesome time, got alot of attention which im not used to from my friends girlfriend, couldnt stop talking about how much weight ive lost and how i look now, she was definately flirting but i would never try anything with her, even if she wasnt with my friend anymore but i will say it was nice to hear lol.

that same night, i went to go meet with my friend who ive known since we were kids, to me, she was just a friend, id only seen her once in the 9 months we've been talking on the phone for now, i got back in touch with her last november.

so as part of my new attitude, which was to stop saying no to invites to hang out with ppl, i finally said yes to her asking me to meet up, by this point we were really good friends so it wasnt too weird to meet up at 11pm, i hadnt seen her for months before that night, so when i see her she takes me for a walk, i kept noticing she could barely look at me and was really nervous, i was kind of buzzed, high on life and was excited to see her, so we didnt end going to anywhere fun that night, we just walked around for 2 hours, i made her laugh a million times but still didnt get why she was so damn shy since on the phone she was a whole different person. i was really mad by the time we said bye, because we didnt go out to do anything fun and i wanted to keep my buzz going...plus she was being so akward the whole time, by the end of the night my buzz was gone and i coudlnt tolerate it anymore so i went home, she knew i was pissed by the end but i had every reason to be.

the next day i asked her why she acting the way she was, she said she couldnt tell me, eventually she did and said when she saw me, i was better looking than she thought i would be and made it very clear she started to like me but only a little bit....i didnt think anything of it.

later on that week before the weekend after (again) she says she really likes me but wouldnt act on it, i made it clear we should just be friends because the last person we both dated were crazy, we were good friends so i didnt want to risk that, she agrees completely that we both dont get involved....so she asks to meet again the next saturday, we go to a restuarant, again, as just friends, that night was alot of fun, she wasnt nearly as nervous and could manage to look me in the eye more than a few times lol...after being there for a couple hours we walked around again for a couple more but this time it was completely different, she talked a hell of alot more than the last time, we visited her mom at 1 in the morning lol.

she texts me the next day saying she noticed how i made it clear it wasnt a date and we were just friends, which i didnt but i guess i said something to hint that. we talk alot, like everyday...once even for 6 hours straight, but after that night i started to like her as well but i didnt mention it, i still kept saying to myself "we're just friends"

now....im getting close to being done i promise lol, last weekend, she texts me late at night saying if it was possible that we could go on a date and even tho theres alot to lose if it didnt work out, she wanted to risk it anyways....i told her i liked her back and we should definately go on a date sometime but not right away, she agreed and went to say how happy i make her, even just by talking.

now, im going to meet with her this weekend, not on a date tho....we already have that planned, she's taking me up to a cabin with her sister and her boyfriend for a whole weekend in a few weeks, nothing has happened between us yet, not a kiss...nothing but i know it will, its coming, its inevitable lol....i havent been with anyone since early this year, i never thought someone i might end up with was the one i talked to everyday and truly thought of as "just a friend".

and this month i finally became comfortable in my own skin since i had weight problems for most of my life...its incredible all the things that can change when you reach a point where you accept yourself and move forward.

before aug 1st all i did was go to work, hit the gym, came home, went to bed and did it all over again the next day..on the weekends i just layed around all bummed out about things and never went out at all, seriously, i was a f*cking turtle lol.

i really cannot wait until this time next year, if all this can happen in 1 month, whats in store for me in the next 12? my god, i think i am SA free now....im not trying to brag, my life was probly more dull than yours about 2 months ago....im going back to school soon too and i cannot wait, so much has changed and it isnt going to stop anytime soon...its possible to get out of the rut your in, i am living proof...no matter how bummed out you are, its all in your head and you will not notice this until you make the changes needed to move forward to what you want.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice going man. It's amazing how once things start going your way it all just keeps on going faster and faster. Quite a lot of progress for only one month.

2,348 Posts
Kudos. :)

I feel like I made great strides between last year and this year too. I agree, things tend to move pretty fast sometimes, while the rest of the time it moves so slow!

·
Registered
749 Posts
very good to hear, i wish you the best!.

I have one question, what was "the big change"you made that makes you feel this good?
You probely say, going to the party. But i think before going to, you have made a change.
Do you know what change you made?,you must have thinking very positieve some howe. Thats why the party turned out so well.

I like to here from you :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
um for me it was all an overweight thing, now im just in shape i guess you can say...my whole body warmed image is going away and now im feeling alot more confident

its not like i wasnt ever social, i was but for the last like 5 years i been really isolated and barely went out, i became afraid of ppl which i never was when i was in school...so yeah my whole big change was gettin from 260 to 195 in like 1 year but in the last few months is where ive lost most of my weight.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Congrats on the change! A lot of good things definitely happen to you in life when you keep a positive attitude. I am so glad everything is working out for you :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im just under 200 now, havent been in the hundreds since like 10 years ago...i kept a solid weight of 250 for a long time, the worse it got was 275 i think but only for a short time tho...but yeah i lost a good 60 pounds at least.

well its pretty much completely gone now, i still dont have that many friends, not like i used to but thats my fault, hopefully going back to school will change all of that cause im not a clingy person so if i end up in a relationship witht hat girl, i dont want her to be the only one i see everyday...

basically i want to get to the point where i have a bunch of ppl calling me before every weekend instead of me fishing around....whatever tho, cant get everything you want in 1 month...i will probly make another thread in another 1 or 2 months, maybe longer...i dont mean to come across like im bragging, i want to make that clear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts