Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol this is going to be a weird nerdy question but bear with me.

I have been working on this project non-stop for at least 2 months now and I'm burned out.

So now that I'm almost done I decided reward myself by writing myself a check and paying myself some money to use strictly on entertainment/self improvement.

But lol. Nothing in life is that easy. Not only do I have a hard time spending money on myself, I have an even harder time spending money on useful things.

So here is the thing. I can do a couple of things with this money:

Option 1: Get 99 range and def!! Rs all day baby!:

Lol.For people more knowledgeable with what I'm talking about, I could be an absolute nerd and buy myself some training supplies and max my account (I can't believe I just said that lol). I haven't played any video games in months now. Its been a 6 months+ drought and I thought I should take 1 month to let my full nerd fulfill itself and do something I kinda miss.

Of course the problem with this is that this doesn't improve my life at all lmao. In fact if the girl I'm seeing thinks "I don't get out much" now, just wait until I'm training at ape toll 24/7.

With that said; it would be B0SS to get 99 def and full void.

You don't understand. Leave me alone.

Option 2: Superman Combo; Gym membership, bulking food, bulking supplies.

I'm really small. The last time I worked out my membership was running out and I haven't gone to the gym in a while. There is a special offer right now where I can get 6 months membership for half the cost and spend the rest of the money on some bulking supplies.

Yet this option is hard and I can always get 99 str in runescape instead lol.

Option 3: Misc; Other things that can improve my life, or Minecraft it for the worse.

So the first two options are simply examples of two scenarios I'm REALLY craving and both lead to very different places. With that said the real question is;

spend money on something that will get me more out there and fulfill me more as a social human being and maybe improving my life and my anxiety (it could be things like buying a drawing tablet, clothing, signing up to the gym, maybe even paying for a few therapy sessions)

or

succumb to things that are easy but VERY pleasurable like sitting in front of a computer staring at pixels (a 99 def pixel though! ;)). This is not limited to games, this can be anything that won't, in the long term make me a better, more stable human being.

What road should I take? That is my question and my dilemma right now lol

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neither. Find a girl who G Maul rushes in Edge and date her.

(yeah I remember that thread)
Lol! you got me

Do them all . Live a Full life .
Ahh naw lol. The thing is time is really limited. AND, I have SA so I have to be extra careful with the things I subscribe to if I don't want to cripple myself more

Start hitting that iron and never look back.
Yeah you are probably right. Working out is time consuming but is just a good investment and once you start working out you feel a lot different (good).

·
I'm a Spartan.
680 Posts
lol runescape. quit rs. I would say option 2 and spend some money on a method to overcome SA. If you willing to spend money on getting buff or RS i'm sure you can spend money on your mental health. Being a buff nerd with the inability to talk wont get you much.

·
Free Falling
206 Posts
Hit the gym. Half of my adolescence was lost on Runescape. All of those countless hours for 99 Hunter, 99 Agility, and 99 Crafting mean nothing at all to me now that I no longer play. :lol

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol runescape. quit rs. I would say option 2 and spend some money on a method to overcome SA. If you willing to spend money on getting buff or RS i'm sure you can spend money on your mental health. Being a buff nerd with the inability to talk wont get you much.
Yeah good point. Somehow I want to believe if I just workout and work on things like that my anxiety would magically go away... When in reality I should probably get pro help for anxiety first then focus on things like working out etc.

I never reached my goal of getting 99 mining ;_;. I stopped at 87

get the 99 range and def lol
Damn lol 87 mining? That's Insane. and yes lol I really want to get 99 range and def but ever since I picked other hobbies (that are more productive than rs) I just feel guilty playing any video games when I could be having fun calling places, lying to people and getting yelled by clients. But yes. 99 def would still be boss (never had that particular cape).

Hit the gym. Half of my adolescence was lost on Runescape. All of those countless hours for 99 Hunter, 99 Agility, and 99 Crafting mean nothing at all to me now that I no longer play. :lol
Boss 99 agility and crafting are pretty neat. Not that I'm encouraging you to go back and play or anything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts