Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this program: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindfulness...308X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320870589&sr=8-1

I have tried mindfulness on and off in the past but haven't been able to really stick with it, in this book they state you can acheive a lot of benefits (lower anxiety & depression, mental clarity) by following the program for 8 weeks, 30min a day which doesn't seem too hard.

Gonna start tonight :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
No, but I saw the "add to basket" icon and I thought "what"? then I realized it was UK. Thats kind of funny.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well, since I started I haven't been depressed. Anxiety is still there a bit, but I think there was slight improvement as well. I worry a lot less, and am not really too stressed (although I wasn't stressed very much before I started). So I do feel more mental clarity, I feel like I am more aware of my emotional states/sensations that my body is going through. So I definitely would say it contributed to me worrying less about little stuff, and the stuff that does happen, I don't dwell on it AS much. Anger has decreased as well, and I am more forgetful of others' or my own past mistakes/limitations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts