Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has been 6 months since I started taking Paxil. Everyone in my life has noticed the difference in me. I now say exactly what I want to and don't care what anyone thinks. BUT because I am bi polar- this is not always a good thing. I am very impulsive and combine that with not caring what people think and it is trouble. I really believe that SA was preventing some of my bi polar antics to come out. I am working on being less impulsive. So, I think Paxil has been a good thing for me. However, I have got myself in trouble at work because of it. I feel more confident and have the nerve to say what I really want to say so I think Paxil is a good thing for me. The only anxiety I have now is my current work situation. It is an open office and I don't like to talk about anything personal because I don't want all of my co workers to hear my business. I still get physical symptoms of anxiety like my chest hurting. But as far as talking - I am cured. Just wanted to share an update.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Do you take any mood stabilizer like Lamictal becaue you are bipolar?

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir I do. I take Geodon as my mood stabilizer. I also can take Risperdal if I start getting manic. I also have Klonopin to take as needed but it makes me angry.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
To me, "mood-stabilisers" have always seemed to be for the benefit of those around the patients (i.e. when the manic person is annoying or whatever), not the patients themselves. They just prevent the happy part of bipolar disorder, not the unhappy part (unless your manic phase is dysphoric). Well I guess some people get psychotic so I'm not sure.

Admittedly I don't know much about bipolar disorder, but I sometimes have mild manic phases myself and would never take a med to stop them.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Lamictal works great against bipolar depression and also as a long term med to prevent mania. But it can not control acute mania as it has to be titrated up slowly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts