Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing a lot of good things about this. i think it's non-prescrption. i came across it when looking for books on social anxiety and everyone seems to rave about this stuff, saying t works..and not just an andvertisemnt/testimonial thing but actual ppl all over the net.

Health

5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan)

5-HTP is a compound produced in the body from the amino acid tryptophan. It is a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin and the hormone melatonin. 5-HTP supplements have become popular because it is thought that providing the body with 5-HTP in pill form can boost the body's serotonin levels, similar to the antidepressants that are thought to increase the amount of serotonin available to the brain. 5-HTP is taken for the treatment of Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Migrane & Weight Loss. 5-HTP is most commonly used for depression or for mood enhancement.

·
Occasionally Bannned
1,889 Posts
its expensive and didnt do jack that I could tell. not a great combo

·
Recluse
835 Posts
St. John's Wort is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor too, if you want something that's non-prescription. Don't take it with other antidepressants though.

·
Occasionally Bannned
1,889 Posts
I have found St Johns wort pretty useless too

·
Banned
577 Posts
5-htp is good. Not only does it help you with your anxiety but it also helps you control your appetite. I always take mine at night before bed as it tends to make me drowsy.

·
Occasionally Bannned
1,889 Posts
i cant feel it do a damn thing. ive taken 4 at a time just to see if it would

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I tried taking 5-HTP for a couple of weeks recently. My appetite was still the same, and I noticed an actual increase in symptoms of depression. I stopped taking it a few days ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts