Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

Firstly i am pretty jaded when it comes to forums, SA is something i have had to deal with since 1999, mostly in past i believe the triggers to be the events that took place in my childhood (sexual abuse by neighbours!), has left me with some very deep seated emotional issues.

After going through what can only be desribed as absolute hell on earth, i finally managed to quit drinking, lost 30 kilos of weight (via cycling around carparks at night-time!), and i have arrived to a point where i am at least no attending University.......

Uni is a safe haven, even though i was absolutly paralised at the notion of going, i had terribly embarrasing attacks, but thankfully they have since gone and have been making progress within the Uni.... meeting "friends" however most of them are much younger then myself...

I am hear now, as once again it is the weekend. I am here in front of this PC, as i am every SINGLE! WEEKEND :( :(...

Although i was raised in a rough suburb in Sydney, fortunate enough not to live in a part of QLD, that would be consider very nice, yet if anything this has only ever served to increase my social anxiety....

I have been unemployed for 10 years :(, i was lost within Online games for 4 years (whilst over-weight) and now i live back at home with my family

All i want to do is share a nice evening with someone, or find a male friend i can TRUST....... ( i am extremly uncomfy with other men), the result is i usually try to surround myself with women......it would be nice to have a "mate" again.

If there are any Australian's out there i would love to hear from you, both male and female.....

I wish i had a answer for us all, and a mean's to rid ourselves of this condition. We all have reasons, sometimes those reason's are not even obvious..... for me its is a absolute feeling of being UNSAFE....... i feel unable to defend or protect my boundaries, (as they were tresspassed upon as a very young child), it's subconcious programming, and i cannot describe the effects it's hard on my life thus thus, it has stolen it from me. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The pain isolation brings is unlike any. At the extremes it renders you in the fetile position, head under a pillow, unable to face the nightmare that is the current life experience. At the other end, is a horrible sense of unease, that life is passing you by... you hear the laughter, the horns beeping, car's setting out with groups of people, off to have a great night, you watch new year's eve's come and go, you spend birthday parties alone, some come and go with barely a card.

This condition is huanting my life, and i have gone to every angle to attemp to finally rid myself of its dibiliating effects, it has skewed my personality, altered my brain chemistry, and my pysiology. It has made me a creature of unwilling habbit, and it brings immense pain into my experience, daily.

I never know when one days starts, and one eneds, it feels like a conitinuing bad dream

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello from South Australia!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hello, 45 year old in southern california. welcome.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey BLUESAGE09 welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, BLUESAGE09! :)