Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like all the mental things have not been tough enough, these past 2 years have been hell in terms of physical health conditions. Have had 2 operations on my neck, I am constantly in pain. I am also exhausted so they also think I have fibromyalgia - another 'weird' disease. I will be jobless within a month and have no idea how the hell I will go on with my life. I will have some sort of benefits, minimum, nothing to sustain me for long. Thankfully I still live at home (well, my sister pays the rent, me and my mom pay the rest.), have no kids thus no real responsibilities...but everything seems to be going so against me.

I need mental help but I wake up exhausted and in physical pain. How the hell am I supposed to go get help in that condition? Let alone the usual fears and anxieties.

A summary of my rant = I hate being a 'grown-up' and an 'older person'. I feel so old in one way but so much like child on the other.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties, it does sound like quite a situation and unfortunately i don't really know the answer other than "acceptance," which i know nobody really wants to hear, i don't want to hear it either :)

The failing body thing is very tough to go through, unfortunately the older we get the more we lose, some people cope with faith in God, though i haven't really had much of an answer to my prayers i still keep some hope, as i know others who do get a lot of comfort from it.

Your last sentence strikes a cord with me as i think i know what you mean, social anxiety robs people of experiences, and it is experience that brings more confidence, i've always felt like a child compared to other people too.

I wish you the very best, and that your situation improves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts