Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 What was the first movie you saw at the cinema?
2 What was your fave cinema experience or best movie you ever saw at the cinema?
3 What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?

My answers:
1 Jurassic Park 1993
2 King Kong 2005 - one of my fave childhood films was King Kong 1976 with Jessica Lange, this remake surpassed that in every way and it is a very nice homage to the original of 1933. the first and only time the hype I felt was warranted. It is called indulgent and overlong by the critics but I loved every second of it.
3 Ready player one 2018

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
1. I don't know for certain, but it might have been E.T. Not 100% sure if I went to the theater for that or if I just thought I did, but I'm over 50% I did. Also don't know if I went before that, but probably did.
2. That's pretty difficult, but probably my most memorable theater experiences were the several times I went to Batman (1989). I was really hyped for that as a 13-year-old. As an adult I've been to a lot of my favorite classic movies in the theater, but an experience that stands out was a few years ago in a Cinemark going to a double feature of A Clockwork Orange (played first) and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
3. Pig a little over a week ago.

Why haven't you been to the theater in three years?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@IcedOver I relied on my neighbor because he asked me with him all the time and he drove the car ( i’m terrified of driving to the city myself). The neighbor moved so I never went again.

yeah some classics on the big screen must be awesome like 2001, Lawrence of Arabia, Jaws, Once upon a time in the west, ben hur, interstellar etc

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
@Socialmisfits Do you have bus service?

Interstellar?! That might be one of the worst movies I've been to in a theater, no offense.

But yeah, I have more fun going to classic movies in the theater than anything new. I haven't viewed a truly excellent new movie in the theater since Her, probably. So older movies are guaranteed quality. I've been to Halloween, Lynch's films, Elm Street, Dawn, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and a bunch more. Also went to the 50-year "re-premiere" of Night of the Living Dead in 2018 in the theater where it originally premiered 50 years before in my town of Pittsburgh, with several people who worked on the film in attendance.

·
(.*?)
6,786 Posts
1. Eh, how am I supposed to remember the early 1980s? It wasn't an important enough thing for anyone to have told me about since. Theaters in the 80s here were pretty miserable anyway, much smaller screens than now and unpleasant chairs with people crammed in.
2. I'd say Blade Runner 2049. Seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I think it was way better than the original and a great spectacle for theater viewing.
3. Tenet, last fall. It was okay.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@IcedOver no buses where I live lol it is not even remote but there are more things missing in the small village I live in.

Love all the films you mentioned. I thought “her” was both cringeworthy and excellent. Loved that song that played in the beach scene!
Interstellar is spectacular imo but I don’t like the final act, too uplifting :p but in general I thought it was a grand adventure into the unknown.
NOTLD is monumental, the only truly creepy zombie film out there (and children shouldn’t play with dead things)

·
Super Moderator
8,736 Posts
1. I think it might have been My Neighbor Totoro. But most of my recollection at that time is strictly base on what others have told me.
2. No clue. Probably The Lion King, not sure if that was the best cinema experience, but for some reason I was the happiest experience I had watching a movie. No clue was the best movie is. Most of my top movies, I watched at home. Ones I watch in cinema usually are just pure entertainment and effects
3. The latest Suicide Squad movie.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,789 Posts
1. I think Pocahontas when I was 4 (the 1995 Disney film,) but I don't remember actually being in the cinema and watching it, I just remember the morning before waiting for my cousin to come round because we were supposed to be watching it and maybe I imagined that who knows. I mean I watched it again later and it also has a couple of good songs but I think The Hunchback of Notre-Dame has the best one from any Disney film from what I remember Hellfire. I also think Princess Mononoke is a film with a similar concept that's better and also Mulan is my favourite Disney film (not including Pixar, also so I don't have to think more not including Studio Ghibli films with Disney connections either obviously I don't really count any of them as Disney films though and don't think most people do.)

2. Blade Runner in IMAX (I saw it in 2016 I think and that was the first time I watched it since I never got around to doing that, and they were showing it there even though it's an old film. It was really awesome with the sound and everything. I've said this a million times but this intro music is one of the best things ever)

3. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (just before the pandemic started lol.)

·
Administrator
9,186 Posts
1. The Adventures of Pinocchio - 1996. My sister has told me that I got worried and thought my feet were gone because it was dark and I couldn’t see them anymore, but I don’t remember this. I went to see Babe: Pig In The City with my dad about a week later.

2. I don’t know.

3. 1917 - February 2020.

I made a list of every movie I have seen at the cinema last year, but I might have forgotten some:

Pinocchio
Babe: Pig In The City
Mr Bean: The Movie
Rugrats: The Movie
Monsters Inc
What A Girl Wants
Jurassic Park 2001
Big Fat Liar
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
Rugrats In Paris
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Elf
Uptown Girls
Mean Girls
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Haunted Mansion
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Suddenly 30
Bewitched
Bra Boys
United 93
World Trade Center
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Holiday
27 Dresses
Definitely, Maybe
The Queen
Twilight
My Sister’s Keeper
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
No Strings Attached
Twilight: New Moon
Harry Potter and the Hollow of Secrets 1
Twilight: Eclipse
Harry Potter and the Hollow of Secrets 2
Titanic 3D
Trainwreck
Creed
Sully
Red Dog: True Blue
A Star Is Born
Creed 2

·
Terminator
13,372 Posts

I forget now, it's been so long...

2 What was your fave cinema experience or best movie you ever saw at the cinema?

Alien - a few years ago at a small local bookstore cinema.

I don't know.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,760 Posts
I don't remember.

Favorite experience was my 11th birthday when my friend's mom took me and my friends to see The Lion King in Hollywood.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

·
😒🤡
7,135 Posts
The earliest movies I can remember is the first Harry Potter movie and The Lord of the Rings. Also, Shrek cause it came out the same year as the first Lord of the Rings movie.

Interstellar was my favorite movie experience. My mind was blown and the movie score was fantastic. The Revenant would be a close second. Then, maybe either Split or Us after those.

I honestly don't remember the last movie I watched. Lol I think it was The Call of the Wild. Not the best movie but I liked it. It was after the pandemic so it makes sense that would be the last one.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Peter Pan (Disney version)
Probably seeing Joker for the first time, it was my birthday there was nothing else showing so I saw that and I wasn't originally going to see it at all, ended up seeing it two more times on the big screen (the last time a week before Joaquin won the Oscar)
Birds of Prey, it was alright.

·
Song and action man
688 Posts
1) Honey I Shrunk The kids. at least that I recall
2) Home Alone 2- I went with my cousin/mom/and aunt. It's more that it brings back childhood memories
3) The Accountant. Due to the pandemic and movies not holding my interest much these days for a number of reasons.

·
alien monk
8,703 Posts
1. an american tail
2. perhaps white god because I saw it with my lover of a previous life.
3. cant even remember. roped into going to something with a friend. I dont support the entertainment industry usually as a rule.

·
Registered
776 Posts
First movie is really hard to remember it was one of these three Dumbo, The Jungle Book or Bambi
Best Movie hmmm Hard Candy sticks out for some reason :)
Last movie I went to see at the cinema was Midsommar

·
Registered
526 Posts

The lion king

Went to quirky old cinema when I lived abroad for a while. There was an interval in the middle and people came round with snacks in those little trays that go around your neck. No idea what the film was though 🤔

Paw patrol (I have a 5 year old)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Last Samurai (2003), with Tom Cruise, i was around 9 or 10 (in that time some films arrived like 1 year later in Brazil)

Maybe it was Star Wars Episode III with my dad, but I've also enjoyed Avatar on IMAX

Joker (2019), with my girl, great film, i usually don't like recent movies but i've liked this one very much.

Despite I love going to the movies it's so rare good films lately. I prefer much more watching old movies of Coppola, Kubrick and Scorcese. **** Marvel.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,946 Posts
I believe it was "The Fog", which would have been in 1980. I remember sitting in the back of an old station wagon at a drive in theater with my brothers, we weren't really watching the movie but eating McDonalds I think. Every once in a while I would watch a few minutes and get scared, I was just a child at the time.

That is a hard one, there have been so many movies. I would have to say all of the LoTR movies

The eternals

1 - 20 of 23 Posts