Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been after my psychiatrist to prescribe me a benzo since October. Finally my parents & my new psychologist got involved, he was convinced that it was necessary - so he prescribed half of a .5 mg pill. It was difficult enough cutting the pill, I tried it once and it did nothing, I'm not ready to try it again.

Has .25 ever helped anyone, or is he just ... I don't know?

·
Registered
191 Posts
.25 isn't even a recommended theraputic dose. If you convert your does of Ativan to Xanax, you have .125 mg of Xanax. For my anxiety, I need at least .750 mg of Xanax (and I have no benzo tolerance at all).

I think your doctor is just trying to see if the placebo effect works on you. Just try it, and if it doesn't work, tell him that and he'll increase your dose.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I take 1mg of Ativan prn, and it doesn't do anything for me, so I imagine a quarter of that is equally as useless.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I've been after my psychiatrist to prescribe me a benzo since October. Finally my parents & my new psychologist got involved, he was convinced that it was necessary - so he prescribed half of a .5 mg pill. It was difficult enough cutting the pill, I tried it once and it did nothing, I'm not ready to try it again.

Has .25 ever helped anyone, or is he just ... I don't know?
I agree with the other posters. 0.25mg ativan is not going to cut it.
Not going to cut it??? Eh? Eh?

I have nothing of value to contribute to this discussion.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Ativan comes in three sizes: 0.5, 1 & 2 mg pills.

If a doc is having you cut the smallest in half, I'm going to guess the most likely reason it doesn't work is due to dose.

This is like drinking a shot glass filled with an ounce of light beer and wondering why you don't feel drunk.

This doc has a serious case of benzo-phobia, a disorder with no known cure.

·
Registered
647 Posts
ativan is 4-5 times stronger than xanax, so 2mg of ativan = .5 xamax so .25ativan is nothing but a placebo, use 1mg and you will have some effect and 2-4 for panic attacks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts