Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24 official thread

Did anyone watch the 24 season finale?????
I did!
OMG, this is the first season of 24 that I have ever watched and it was A-mazing!! Arghhh- I can't believe this was the 7th season-I've missed so much-When the show first premiered, I watched the beginning of the pilot-all I remember is the eliza cuthbert girl(Jack's daughter) was partying or whatver with her friends in a warehouse or whatever and something mysterious was going down but then I changed the channel and I never watched the show again except for a couple minutes of a couple episodes-But then I saw the promo for 24:Redemption and that intrigued me so I watched it and I got hooked-anyway-I smell another season coming-tell me I'm not wrong-I'm always so late on these kinds of things

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yeah I'm a 24 fan:) S7 wasn't my favorite season, but it was pretty good and I enjoyed the finale. It was definitely an improvement after s6 (which btw was kind of a disaster IMO)

"I smell another season coming-tell me I'm not wrong-I'm always so late on these kinds of things"
Yeah there will be another season and Kiefer Sutherland has been signed on so the stem cell treatment will work for Jack.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
has anyone been watching this season of 24?? Is anyone else disappointed as I am? It has such potential at the beginning of the season, and I'm disappointed cuz it's been more of a lovestory/drama type thing with Renee and Jack Bauer, Kayla Hassan and that guy, and Freddie prinze and that girl, where's the action, where's the espionage, huh? And it's been 10 episodes, TEN ****ing episodes, with almost nothing happening-the whole Renee thing with that Russian guy, I was intrigued by it, even though he was a psycho or whtaver, he was hot, but that was all personal relationship stuff, and I prefer action and mystery suspense, and I'm not getting as much of that as I did last season.....anyone else on the same page?

and another thing, is it just me or is Freddie Prinze not the best actor?? And what's with his accent?? Am I imagining things or has there been moments where he's trying to sound New York or where his accent filters out? It's annoying, esp with that Russian guy who tried to save his brother from the Uranium

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it. :O)
really? you sound pretty confident about that-maybe it is just me...maybe it just feels like it's dragging on, maybe that's what it is, the pace is a little too slow for my taste and then the love stuff filling in the gaps on top of that.....soooooo....

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just started watching it this season and enjoy every bit of it. :)
Oh, ok, well I started watching 24 last season, on season 7, and I loved that season too, but Meli24r responded the way I responded to you, she said she didn't like it as much so I guess it depends on whether you're a new 24 fan or somoene who's watched it other seasons.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh my god! "When this is over, I wanna be there for you, with you." I can't believe Jack said that to Renee, that's so sweet, that's the kind of love story I can get behind.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I've enjoyed this season so far.

For those of you just starting to watch the show, and are enjoying it, I'd definitely recommend the first five seasons. Season 6 was a clunker (though watchable if you're a series fan) and Season 7 is about on par with what Season 8 has been so far (my opinion anyway).

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've enjoyed this season so far.

For those of you just starting to watch the show, and are enjoying it, I'd definitely recommend the first five seasons. Season 6 was a clunker (though watchable if you're a series fan) and Season 7 is about on par with what Season 8 has been so far (my opinion anyway).
really? I started watching last season and I enjoyed last season far more than I'm enjoying this season. Although, I have to say that I'm watching the episode that I missed on Monday right now on Fox.com and it's a good solid episode. I just wish the video would stop freezing.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this episode was more like it! still more love drama than I care for but it was an exciting/suspenseful episode.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm watching the latest episode right now and so far the season is ok, getting better though.

What the heck, ctu just got emp'd! :eek:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I was getting bored with this season, but the last episode wasn't bad. I hope they bring Renee back and make her a regular. She's the only semi interesting character left (apart from Jack and Chloe)
I'm really annoyed with the pointless Dana/Cole side story. Katie Sackhoff is a good actress and I loved her on Battlestar Galactica. I was so disappointed that they gave her such a lame storyline. They should've made her character a field agent and had her more involved in the action.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm really annoyed with the pointless Dana/Cole side story.
Yessss, thank you, someone agrees with me, and I love love stuff, but "24" isn't a ****ing love story, why the **** are they focusing on all this love bull**** with Dana and Cole, and Kayla and Tarin????? It's gotten better now with that last episode(Kayla kidnapped bomb) but it's annoying that they're still dragging out the Dana and Cole thing

An another note, did you hear that this could be the last season of 24?? I'm sad.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yessss, thank you, someone agrees with me, and I love love stuff, but "24" isn't a ****ing love story, why the **** are they focusing on all this love bull**** with Dana and Cole, and Kayla and Tarin????? It's gotten better now with that last episode(Kayla kidnapped bomb) but it's annoying that they're still dragging out the Dana and Cole thing

An another note, did you hear that this could be the last season of 24?? I'm sad.
The chances of it being the last one were higher a while ago than they are now. Rumors are circulating that Kiefer has gone ahead and signed on for season 9 - that or they're at least planning it out.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Glad to hear there is going to be a season 9! It would be stupid to cancel a show that is so good.

I recently finished watching 24 from season 1 through the last aired episode for season 8. You seriously have to start by watching season 1 on through, it'll give you a deeper appreciation for the show. IMO the best seasons were 2 and 3, they were just amazing, but I like all the other seasons too. I don't get what people think season 8 sucks. That Dana/Freddie subplot is kind of lame but it's still as good as ever. That EMP shutting down CTU, that was a great episode. I can't wait for the next episode, leaving it hanging like that.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What?????????????? The final hours?! The Final season?! 24 is canceled?! Are you ****ing ****ting me?!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.