Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to find a way to stay high on anti anxiety meds 24/7 and never build any tolerance or addiction to anything....i believe it can be done if done carefully and with enough resources...unfortunately my resources are limited and only consist of valium, phenibut, and neurontin, all of which work wonders for me. My question is: Do these substances have cross tolerance?

My understanding is that phenibut and neurontin have no cross tolerance with benzos and little if any cross tolerance with eachother. Does anyone know more about this? Id like to be able to organize some kind of way to alternate them to avoid tolerance/dependence.

Note: I have completely given up on SSRIs, SNRIs, TCAs. Ive tried almost everything.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
My goal is to find a way to stay high on anti anxiety meds 24/7 and never build any tolerance or addiction to anything
Good luck with that.

My goal is to stay drunk all the time but not have a drinking problem. I'm halfway there.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Yes, I believe these substances will have cross-tolerance since they all work on GABA receptors, right? If no conventional antidepressants work, then trying an MAOI might be worthwhile. These give anxiety relief without causing tolerance from what I've read.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from what ive read phenibut works primarily on gaba-b and valium primarily on gaba-a which is why cross tolerance shouldn't be an issue with those drugs. i have no idea about neurontin though....

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
The only solution I can think of is a frontal lobotomy. Good luck!

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
There is some research showing that NMDA Antagonists block tolerance to benzo's. DXM is cheap and OTC.

·
Registered
881 Posts
from what ive read phenibut works primarily on gaba-b and valium primarily on gaba-a which is why cross tolerance shouldn't be an issue with those drugs. i have no idea about neurontin though....
i guess if you used Valium every other day, and Phenibut on the other day, you would get tolerant slower. but the problem is, Valium has a super long half life, so its gonna be in your system for more than 2 days, at least. so youd always be getting tolerant, just more slowly than usual. I dunno about Neurontin...i always thought that it could help prevent tolerance to other compounds (weakly prevent it)...via its blockage of some calcium channels and inhibition of Glutamate release. but many people go really high with doses of Neurontin...Neurotin i think has to be the least risky outta all the meds yer taking.

·
Registered
881 Posts
There is some research showing that NMDA Antagonists block tolerance to benzo's. DXM is cheap and OTC.
yeah the Delsym cough syrup is the best in my opinion...effects last for up to 12 hours with one low dose. it is an alot more effective option than dosing multiple times with regular cough syrup which has a much shorter duration of action.

i do feel a little worried and kinda unprofessional/stupid recommending people take DXM for long periods of time, i mean even though it works, and is an awesome drug...i wish i knew for sure how great the chance for neurotoxicity is....hopefully somebody could answer this

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
yeah the Delsym cough syrup is the best in my opinion...effects last for up to 12 hours with one low dose. it is an alot more effective option than dosing multiple times with regular cough syrup which has a much shorter duration of action.

i do feel a little worried and kinda unprofessional/stupid recommending people take DXM for long periods of time, i mean even though it works, and is an awesome drug...i wish i knew for sure how great the chance for neurotoxicity is....hopefully somebody could answer this
Doses that are neurotoxic for rats are higher then the lethal dosis, so i wouldnt worry about that much;)

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
i guess if you used Valium every other day, and Phenibut on the other day, you would get tolerant slower. but the problem is, Valium has a super long half life, so its gonna be in your system for more than 2 days, at least. so youd always be getting tolerant, just more slowly than usual. I dunno about Neurontin...i always thought that it could help prevent tolerance to other compounds (weakly prevent it)...via its blockage of some calcium channels and inhibition of Glutamate release. but many people go really high with doses of Neurontin...Neurotin i think has to be the least risky outta all the meds yer taking.
Phenibut develops a tolerance after 1 or 2 days, its pretty much crap from what i've read, stay with benzo's and DXM:yes.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm...i like the idea of dxm+benzos. I'm assuming the stimulating effect of low dose dxm would counteract the sedation and potentiate the disinhibition. thatd be great!

so heres my plan... hopefully this will work long term and i wont have to increase the dosages....

mon-valium 10mg+dxm60mg
tue - valium 10mg+dxm60mg
wed - valium 10mg+dxm60mg
thur-valium10mg+dxm60mg
fri-valium 10mg+dxm60mg
sat-neurontin 1800mg
sun-neurontin 1800mg

Although i'm assuming my cognitive ability is probably going to hell with this regimen

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
hmm...i like the idea of dxm+benzos. I'm assuming the stimulating effect of low dose dxm would counteract the sedation and potentiate the disinhibition. thatd be great!

so heres my plan... hopefully this will work long term and i wont have to increase the dosages....

mon-valium 10mg+dxm60mg
tue - valium 10mg+dxm60mg
wed - valium 10mg+dxm60mg
thur-valium10mg+dxm60mg
fri-valium 10mg+dxm60mg
sat-neurontin 1800mg
sun-neurontin 1800mg

Although i'm assuming my cognitive ability is probably going to hell with this regimen
I still suggest to take a week off once and awhile, but looks like this could work out, keep us updated;).

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
As much as you want, at least in my country. Get the bottles dat vici vidi recommends, the time released onces, one should last a while imo.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
My favourite combo for anxiety/depression is Ritalin/Tramadol/Clonazepam.

The Ritalin is an anti-depressant, it makes you social and talkative, it raises your mood, gives you energy, helps you focus, and gives motivation as well as cancels out the drowsiness from Clonazepam.

The Tramadol works as a anti-depressant as well helping with your mood and anxiety.

The Clonazepam helps calm you down, treat panic attacks, and treat your anxiety as well as cancel out any jittery feelings from Ritalin.

This combo is really good but good luck obtaining the ingredients :D

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
My favourite combo for anxiety/depression is Ritalin/Tramadol/Clonazepam.

The Ritalin is an anti-depressant, it makes you social and talkative, it raises your mood, gives you energy, helps you focus, and gives motivation as well as cancels out the drowsiness from Clonazepam.

The Tramadol works as a anti-depressant as well helping with your mood and anxiety.

The Clonazepam helps calm you down, treat panic attacks, and treat your anxiety as well as cancel out any jittery feelings from Ritalin.

This combo is really good but good luck obtaining the ingredients :D
How long has this combo been working for you?

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
A big problem for me is docs not wanting to perscribe me anything other than prozac. They seem to think harder stuff is not good for me. I have been off and on it for years and It just doesnt help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts