Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 2012 is here..for most of us, and im ready for a change!!! Im starting this new year as a new person. Someone who is not afraid of others. I want to live my life to the fullest. I mean whats the worst that can happen. Lets live people, LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hate to say it, but 2012 isn't really a new start. It's no different to yesterday, or the day before. And no one should wait for a certain date to make beneficial changes to their lives.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
That's a very bold resolution, good luck with that :yes. I don't necessarily want to change myself, but I want to keep being assertive and I hope for better luck in meeting people this year. Hopefully I can make some improvements on my grades and with getting a job and my license also. Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for me (besides the end of the world that is lol)

·
Lateralus
2,614 Posts
I hate to say it, but 2012 isn't really a new start. It's no different to yesterday, or the day before. And no one should wait for a certain date to make beneficial changes to their lives.
Yep.

I'll wake up tomorrow for the first time in 2012....

and my life will still completely suck.

So, there's that. lol.

·
Banned
38 Posts
There are a lot of worse things that can happen, but that is the risk you take, and I applaud your effort.

·
Banned
699 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this year as well. The changes that need to be made won't be easy, but I'm tired and bored to death of being afraid to see whats behind the door, even if it means I can't come back to what I've known. I'm going to go for it too. Good luck, Jereia!

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
you guys really like raining on someone's parade don't you?
Yeah.. I agree. So many dream killers lol.

I dont feel like today is any different than any other day. But Im happy its a new year, and I have hope that 2012 will be better. Happy new year everyone!

·
Overlord of OGLE-TR-122b
773 Posts
I'm not going to make a magic change, but I will try to be more in control...

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
i have already let my self down for the new year's by going thur sleeping pill withdraws lol, i broke the golden rule always take care of your self

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
that's if the world doesn't end lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
2012 has been really good so far. Im going to carry through with my resolution to quit drinking pop. I'm really addicted to a very poisonous

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I disagree. Having a specific date, with lots of hype around it, can be a good motivator to initiate change.

·
Box of Rain
307 Posts
I disagree. Having a specific date, with lots of hype around it, can be a good motivator to initiate change.
Yeah but how long is that motivation going to last? I'm not trying to be negative or anything...just being realistic. There's no reason to expect too much because then you'll feel that much worse when you fail. I know that sounds bad but it's just how life is. On the other hand if something unexpectedly good happens then let yourself be happy and surprised. Anyway....Happy New Year everyone. :D

·
Sternritter
964 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Yeah but how long is that motivation going to last? I'm not trying to be negative or anything...just being realistic. There's no reason to expect too much because then you'll feel that much worse when you fail. I know that sounds bad but it's just how life is. On the other hand if something unexpectedly good happens then let yourself be happy and surprised. Anyway....Happy New Year everyone. :D
How long it lasts depends on how much you want to change. I'm just saying that having a specific date to begin, can be handy for getting the ball rolling. I've done it with quitting drinking/diets etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts