Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past week 2 people I know have accepted Jesus. This brings much joy to my heart.

Me and another good friend have been explaining to them about Jesus in the past years and it finally seems that the seeds we planted are beginning to sprout.

Neither of these people know each other but they have both struggled for their entire lives. It is one of the greatest feelings in the world to know that people you care for have become brothers and sisters in Christ.

"We are the planters and He is the seed."

-Me-

·
Registered
202 Posts
Eh, you were "explaining" to them about Jesus in the past few years? Ouch, I'd have lied and said I accepted Jesus years ago, maybe they haven't thought of it until now. I bet their relieved from all that "explaining" though. :boogie

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh, you were "explaining" to them about Jesus in the past few years? Ouch, I'd have lied and said I accepted Jesus years ago, maybe they haven't thought of it until now. I bet their relieved from all that "explaining" though. :boogie
I assure you, most of my friends do lie and just say they have accepted Jesus whenever I bring up the topic. Nothing brings about more hated and intolerance then the enemy hearing the word Jesus. You seem to have illustrated this point for me wonderfully.

These particular people have struggled for years and years and it seems they are tired of struggling. They have been in a battle against the Truth for many years and it seems that they are tired of fighting.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I assure you, most of my friends do lie and just say they have accepted Jesus whenever I bring up the topic. Nothing brings about more hated and intolerance then the enemy hearing the word Jesus. You seem to have illustrated this point for me wonderfully.

These particular people have struggled for years and years and it seems they are tired of struggling. They have been in a battle against the Truth for many years and it seems that they are tired of fighting.
You sound proud of your achievements, pride is a sin "8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her... 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

It's not cool to badger people into believing, If someone asks respsectfully for you to drop the subject they shouldn't have to lie to you about accepting and continue to be clubbed over the head with the message you are prosyletizing to spread the good news not make yourself feel better. How would you like your friends to constantly harass you day in and day out about the logical inconsistancies of the bible and God?

·
Registered
202 Posts

Yes, yes I did and yes it does. I don't hate Christians, I actually believe they contribute to this world a lot. It's the Christians that contribute, not God or Jesus. I just hate hearing about it, like you said. Everybody does, I bet you more than half of Christians themselves hate hearing about it constantly. Go to a church, how many people are asleep(not literally)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a little confused here because this man is in the spiritual section of the forums and he's simply letting people know that 2 people have accepted jesus. He never said he was forcing anyone to believe he said he was "explaining" about jesus. I don't understand how you can say that was he harassing and forcing the topic to those 2 people. He said he's explained to them about jesus in the past. Once again, we are in the spiritual section of the forum so what he posted shouldnt cause an argument.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Tired of fighting? It would have been better if they'd come to you to learn about Christianity. I would think Jesus would want willing followers, ones who serve Him out of love and respect, and not out of fear of harrassment...and hellfire. You are very fortunate to have friends who are so tolerant!

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Tired of fighting? It would have been better if they'd come to you to learn about Christianity. I would think Jesus would want willing followers, ones who serve Him out of love and respect, and not out of fear of harrassment...and hellfire. You are very fortunate to have friends who are so tolerant!
:ditto

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought the rules for this section was no debate. Anyways... I don't think letting others know about your faith is harrasment or anything. Actually I know of people who, after converting to Jesus got mad at the fact that Christians did not share their faith before or with the enthudiasm it deserves. Even if before converting they weren't interested in hearing it.
So I think the least a Christian can do is share the new found joy. It has worked for millions, of all walks of life, all ages, for the worst of criminals and for the best of pious nice people. So give Jesus a chance! He's real, good and wise I tell ya! There's nothing better than having a relationship with Him! I know it's a mistery or a joke for those of you who don't know, but He still loves you and this is just one more way he's letting you know it.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I think letting people know of your faith in God is good, although some do it without any religious slant. God does not work through religion only but applied spirirtual laws and works through science and physical laws too. Some of us think abstract, some concrete but good is good nevertheless.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I thought the rules for this section was no debate. Anyways... I don't think letting others know about your faith is harrasment or anything. Actually I know of people who, after converting to Jesus got mad at the fact that Christians did not share their faith before or with the enthudiasm it deserves. Even if before converting they weren't interested in hearing it.
So I think the least a Christian can do is share the new found joy. It has worked for millions, of all walks of life, all ages, for the worst of criminals and for the best of pious nice people. So give Jesus a chance! He's real, good and wise I tell ya! There's nothing better than having a relationship with Him! I know it's a mistery or a joke for those of you who don't know, but He still loves you and this is just one more way he's letting you know it.
Eh... Well... first off. Simply "having a relationship" with Jesus isn't easy, I've tried it. You can't just say "Jesus, I want to believe now, so make me believe" . You have to do it on your own, you have to basically use your imagination to do it. You can't just simply out of nowhere, believe(truely believe, not just say like most Christians) in a guy that died 2000 years and his father who was always in existance and is infinite. That takes faith, blind faith. I mean, you actually need a reason to believe in such a thing. Not all humans can turn off their common sense gland. Either, it's impossible to find Jesus(he's a fake?), or he just doesn't let certain people in.

Secondly... It basically is harrasment. Does us trying to say God or Jesus is fake bother you at all? It goes the same with other people. Imagine an athiest friend of yours, for years he always keeps mentioning that there is no God or Jesus. Would that bother you? I'm sure it would be a lot worse since most humans are programed with common sense and you'd probably be questioning your faith after a paragraph of logic.

Sure, you can share your "new found joy" , but stop once the person tells you to shut up about it.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
What is currently intriguing me is that the original poster is permanently banned.
In using my Super Moderator Powers, this user is an alias of a long-ago banned member who keeps trying to come back as a troll :troll.

As a Christian, even I was kind of suspicious about the original statement. It reminded me of the Legalistic Abusive Church that led to my SA - they would say stuff like that. I have just seen how much I have been healed in the five years since I left that place.

Guys - you've been had by a troll.

***Thread Lock Warning***

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.