Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know what im 27 this october but ive decided that im 17 not 27.

you know just **** it , i dont care, im still a teenager .

physically i look like a teenager . in regards to life experience im a teenager. maturity wise and the way i act im a teenager . when people meet me they presume im a teenager cos of the way i look and cos of the way i act and come across.

ive never lived like a teenager, like had a group of friends, had fun , lived life, been wild , been on dates , had a sex life etc....

so ive decided that my 20's are my teens , my 30's are my 20's , and my 40's are my 30's.

im gonna spend the age of 17 (27) to 35 (45) having fun and living life and then at 35 (45) im gonna start a family and get married .

**** it i dont care, im just gonna act the way i feel and right now that is like a teenager

·
Registered
488 Posts
I feel like I'm in your situation. I'm 25 and I dread getting a year older. When I turn 26 I'm going to spend that whole week in a miserable state. Never having been on a relationship will do that to you. It gives you feeling of regrets, I wish I could turn back time and be 18 again. But whatever, I feel what you feel. I also look young for my age, and I act young. I want to be a teenager again, and I don't want to get older until I live that part of my life. Unfortunately I'm getting older and running out of time, and it depresses me thinking about it. At 32 or something it might be hard. Good luck, you can change your life for the better right now, go for it, and put serious effort into it.

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I definitely feel the same way. My teen years were like a blank slate, and I feel as if now, my twenties and thirties will be spent trying to accomplish the things that most have already accomplished when they were in high school and college.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I've missed out on doing ''normal'' teenage things. I don't know if it's a good thing o'r a bad thing.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
I hear ya. My thirties are my 20's, and I'm still catching up. I experienced the life I'd wanted as a 17-year-old...at 27, which was a crazy experience. This had to do with having my first long-term relationship with a girl 10 years younger than me. We did the kinds of things that kids do when they're just out of high school, only I was closer to 30 than 20.

Getting carded for cigarettes at the beach, at 28, is an experience I'll never forget.

They say you can't go back, but whoever they are, they're totally wrong. If you never went forward, going back is easy!

Having had those experiences, I think I've reached the age of 21 at 31 lol. But that still means I feel totally inappropriate for my age.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 17 turning 18 in febuary.
& I think that you don't have to actually "try" to be a teen ager
(that's kinda creepy Lol) You can still have fun and hang out
youre only 27.That is so not old!

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Who cares about age, it's just some arbitrary number. You're only as old as you feel, right? Act how you want, it's your life. So what if some people may find it immature? Secretly, they're probably wishing they could be so uninhibited and carefree despite the age of their bodies. I think we should seek out happiness wherever and however we may find it. Nuts to anyone who may think it childish or dumb, what do they know?

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm 17 turning 18 in febuary.
& I think that you don't have to actually "try" to be a teen ager
(that's kinda creepy Lol) You can still have fun and hang out
youre only 27.That is so not old!
i know 27 aint old but it just seems every1 else my age is avin kids etc... but im still a kid myself

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who cares about age, it's just some arbitrary number. You're only as old as you feel, right? Act how you want, it's your life. So what if some people may find it immature? Secretly, they're probably wishing they could be so uninhibited and carefree despite the age of their bodies. I think we should seek out happiness however wherever and however we may find it. Nuts to anyone who may think it childish or dumb, what do they know?
i like this

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm 20 and people sometimes mistake me for 12... which is annoying when they see my younger sister and assume she is the older one.

I definitely don't act my age. All my life I've felt weird about my age, and have come to the conclusion that I am about 30 at heart. I didn't do any of the stereotypical teenager things, and I don't regret it at all.

I still have a lot of things I want to do, like have a boyfriend and do things that most people in their 20's have already done, so in a way, I consider this my time to make up for things like that. I have always been behind in things like that, but I don't mind.

·
Dude
604 Posts
That's what i've been thinking too; I look 15 so why am I worried about keeping up?

Just make sure you don't stay past your curfew.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts