Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Nay. 16 I'm Ugly and Fat. Black girl I have no friends. Extremely shy. I can't go out , I always stay home even in holidays and summer the whole time locked in my room. I cry. All I do is go school 9am to 3pm. Then come home and cry and listen to music. If it wasn't for music I wouldn't killed my self by now no one likes me they all look at me like I'm weird , I sit I'm the libary all lunch. In my classes no one likes me we are asked to group up I have no one

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
I feel your pain, I have the same problem. Lucky for you, you have music, maybe get deeper into that, take up an instrument, look up and research songs and copy down their lyrics, study them, and create covers. Do homework, get a job and make some money after school or during the weekends, speak to a family member on the phone, create a virtual voice to talk to, express yourself through writing, take an exercise class on weekends if you can't find a job, and that sums it up. Good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I guarantee someone out there has the same circumstances under which you subsist. Be strong and know that there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Try not to focus on the bad, but the positive things in your life. God did not make any mistakes on you,, so be mindful of that.

Be positive. Take one day at a time. Don't focus on the negative, counter those thoughts. =)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm going to go into therapist mode here... meaning that what follows will surely be awkward, corny and weird.

I think you're focusing too much on comparing yourself to others. There is no correct way to live or to be an impressive person, and when you believe there is, you can easily end up thinking you're pathetic. I know this feeling, I've felt it all too much before. I advise you to look at yourself as an individual. What do you like doing? You say you like music. I'll bet you have a pretty good understanding of it even if you don't play an instrument or sing (do you?) because that's something I notice in a lot of music lovers. Just take a look at what you do have and I hope you'll realize that there is a lot about yourself that others might wish they had. I can tell from the fact that you wrote this that your critical thinking skills are through the roof. That's not to say that it's good that you're criticizing yourself, it's just saying that you, unlike many people, are not an arrogant snob with a narcissistic personality. I'll bet you're super impressive and just don't know it yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel for you.

I'm 15, I know what it's like to be a shy black girl, when the whole world expects you to be loud and "ghetto". Not to mention this world's beauty standards that tend to degrade the looks of black girls.

Keep staying strong, hun. I know it's rough out there, I've been bullied for years and finally got to high school and (for the most part) it stopped. One day things will get better I promise :)

In the mean time, get help. I know it's really hard to make that decision and adjust but I promise you won't regret it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts