Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on cipralex since April of this year. I just stopped taking the medication last week. I had a doctor's appointment in early June and my doctor suggested upping the dosage to 15 mg. I had asked him to give me a higher dosage because I heard that could help? I sometimes do get anxious still. For instance, this evening I was on the subway and I got nervous I thought these two guys on the subway were talking about me that I had to switch trains. Should I ask my doctor to change my perscription to another medication that helps social anxiety and depression?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I'd talk to him about other options and see what he says. You might consider doing some research about medications commonly used for social anxiety disorder/depression on your own (on SAS, Dr-Bob.org, Wikipedia, etc.) and then discussing what you find with him to see what he thinks would work best for you.

Personally, I've found it's worked much better for me when I go in with some ideas for what I'd like to try, and see what my doctor thinks.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts