Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ScrewedUp
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I went to see my Dr about my problems. I had too much anxiety to talk about anything but my depression but luckily I got put on citalopram which helps with both depression and anxiety. Sadly it did not really help me. I went back and she upped my dosage and added on trazodone to also help with my insomnia. I think my depression is getting better but my anxiety is still pretty bad. I actually had a big anxiety attack two days ago. Is there anything else I can do besides take meds and go to counseling? Natural remedies maybe?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Visiting a Naturopath could be really helpful. I've never visited one myself, but I know people who have had success with them. This isn't really a natural remedy, but I find that writing down my mood and what I did each day as well as what may have triggered me is really helpful. That way I can avoid triggers more effectively and become aware of what helps me. I really hope that your symptoms improve and you begin to feel better!

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Wtf, are you sure it was genuine citalopram and not a sugar pill? That shiit is the most strongest numbing ssri on the planet. It should've numbed the shiit out of your anxiety it should've suppressed the poop out of your anxiety like no other. Citalopram aiccording to one study reduces fear by increasing serotonin in the fear centre the amygdala.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802527/

Aims

To investigate the effect of a single dose of an SSRI on the amygdala response to emotional faces.

Method

Twenty-six healthy volunteers were randomised to receive a single oral dose of citalopram (20 mg) or placebo. Effects on the processing of facial expressions were assessed 3 h later using functional magnetic resonance imaging.

Results

Volunteers treated with citalopram displayed a significantly reduced amygdala response to fearful facial expressions compared with placebo.

·
ScrewedUp
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wtf, are you sure it was genuine citalopram and not a sugar pill? That shiit is the most strongest numbing ssri on the planet. It should've numbed the shiit out of your anxiety it should've suppressed the poop out of your anxiety like no other. Citalopram aiccording to one study reduces fear by increasing serotonin in the fear centre the amygdala.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802527/
Yep, I'm sure! I doubt the pharmacy would give me fake meds. I started out with 20 mg for two weeks, went to 40 mg for three more weeks, and now I'm up to 60 mg a day. It's just not working very well for me for whatever reason.:stu

·
ScrewedUp
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Visiting a Naturopath could be really helpful. I've never visited one myself, but I know people who have had success with them. This isn't really a natural remedy, but I find that writing down my mood and what I did each day as well as what may have triggered me is really helpful. That way I can avoid triggers more effectively and become aware of what helps me. I really hope that your symptoms improve and you begin to feel better!
I've never heard of a naturopath but I don't think I can handle going to anybody else anyways. Even one is tough enough! :(

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Besides the whole soulsearching on when or where, why you get panicattacks...

One could take Beta-blockers /propranolol ... Antihistamines /Hydroxizine (Trazodone works like this)

And plain old Benzo like Valium or Xanax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts