Yay! I met my msn friend today - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yay! I met my msn friend today

Today I finally met my good msn friend, let's call her Lucy.

In April I was invited to Hi5, a friendster-type site by a contact that I soon stopped talking with. I browsed, finding people who lived in Perth and found Lucy. We soon started talking on MSN. We soon discovered we had great rapport and would talk for hours each night, sometimes every night for almost a month straight.

Soon she told me she was able to talk about anything and everything with me. She told me secrets she wouldn't have told anyone else, confided in me, and I supported her. But when I suggested meeting she would always say she wasn't ready. Well time passed, she got a bf and I began pursuing other girls again. 2 weeks ago I said, let's met and she agreed.

We planned where and when to meet and soon I found myself walking through the mall with anticipation. Then I saw her standing off to the side, looking around nervously. I went up to her and gave her a big hug.
She was so easy to talk to, she was friendly, earnest and humourous. We ended up shopping for clothes, checking out photography books at the local bookstore, eating, then sitting on the grass where she played me some old recordings of her singing on her iPod. She said she had a good time and that we should meet up again.

All this time I've been chasing girls, I didn't realise I could still enjoy just being FRIENDS with a girl. It was a good day, I wanted to share the news with you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 09:06 AM

That's really great. I'm glad it went so well.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 10:57 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Awesome, Opacity !

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 11:18 AM

Glad to hear it went well.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 03:45 PM

Excellent dude!!!!!!! I think all of us guys in here could learn a lesson from you , myself included. I have recently come to the conclusion that I have forgotten how to be friends with a woman and am trying to relearn that .
I just realized that I was making an aassumption by calling you dude and had to come back and edit and say that if you are a woman I didn't mean to offend .
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:14 AM

Re: Yay! I met my msn friend today

thats so cool and you're friendly too!
i dont like giving hugs to people...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page