what it took to OVERCOME SAD - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
SAS Member

Wow, so so so happy you have come to where you stand today. Which make it even better is that you are happy and comfortable standing there!

I make daily goals, i reach as much as them as i can. I find if i dont have a daily plan i will lose a sence of myself. When i have them i keep on track. One thing extra i can do is push myself more.
Do things where i push myself out there to extra things and not just the things that will be in my days anyway. Like i did college, i now volunteer and im planning to go back to college. A big missing factor in my life is socializing with friends who go out all the time. I go out, but i could do more...i will do more.

One question, did you ever have a problem with drinking? See i drink now to socialize at the weekends and that basically is my life. Im lost with what to do in that area. But i think that if i begin socializing during the weeks (without booze) that will be a starter anyway...

SO HAPY 4 U

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to." - Jimi Hendrix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious View Post
Wow, so so so happy you have come to where you stand today. Which make it even better is that you are happy and comfortable standing there!

I make daily goals, i reach as much as them as i can. I find if i dont have a daily plan i will lose a sence of myself. When i have them i keep on track. One thing extra i can do is push myself more.
Do things where i push myself out there to extra things and not just the things that will be in my days anyway. Like i did college, i now volunteer and im planning to go back to college. A big missing factor in my life is socializing with friends who go out all the time. I go out, but i could do more...i will do more.

One question, did you ever have a problem with drinking? See i drink now to socialize at the weekends and that basically is my life. Im lost with what to do in that area. But i think that if i begin socializing during the weeks (without booze) that will be a starter anyway...

SO HAPY 4 U

I really have to say thank you for your kind words and yes daily goals is key, but have a big picture at the end of those daily goals.. about the drinking. I didnt take a sip of alcohol from the age of 18 to 22. Now i drink on special occasion and i never have mixed alcohol with trying to get over my SAD.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini32 View Post
but have a big picture at the end of those daily goals..
Can you explain more what you mean please?

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to." - Jimi Hendrix

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 PM
SAS Member

Wow, your story is very inspirational! I have had anxiety issues on and off for pretty much most of my life. I seem to have a hard time making and keeping friends. Aside from that, I have a horrible time sleeping. I was just wondering if you had any trouble sleeping. My biggest problem is sleeping over at my boyfriends house. He hates that I have this problem. I just feel like I cannot sleep unless it is in my own bed.

I really like your therory of just facing your fears. That makes a lot of sense. I just need to get up the nerve to do it.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious View Post
Can you explain more what you mean please?
sure, for example lets say you want to buy a car worth $10000 so that is your big picture. now your daily goals is what will allow that big picture to come alive. So you then start saving $100 a week, which will then take in this case 100 weeks to reach . These small goals are to lead up to the ultimate goal that you want and desire.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly47 View Post
Wow, your story is very inspirational! I have had anxiety issues on and off for pretty much most of my life. I seem to have a hard time making and keeping friends. Aside from that, I have a horrible time sleeping. I was just wondering if you had any trouble sleeping. My biggest problem is sleeping over at my boyfriends house. He hates that I have this problem. I just feel like I cannot sleep unless it is in my own bed.

I really like your therory of just facing your fears. That makes a lot of sense. I just need to get up the nerve to do it.

When my anxiety went then my sleeping became better. But before that I had a schedule of when i would wake up every morning and sleep . Keeping a sleeping routine was key. usually it would be 12am i would sleep and wake up at 8am or 9am. ALso even if i did sleep later at 2am, i would still force myself to wake up at 8 or 9 am to not disturb my internal clock
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 01:20 AM
SAS Member

Language: C++, Java, Python
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini32 View Post
Thank you... I wrote this for that exact reason, to give inspiration to the fellow members here. Just keep on attacking what triggers you.
Wow, this makes me WANT to try. Couldn't have said it better. Especially how your post isn't as adumbrate as others who say "Just do it" (No offense to the others who try to help others overcome SA on this site, I know they mean well and I appreciate their input, I really do). That line on attacking what scares you...I never thought of it that way. I'm glad I read your post and that line.

Uh, imagine a dark alley, and you see, you see someone come up behind you. You start walking faster, you don't know who it is. You turn around, it's just you. It's you, you're the shadow
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 01:24 AM
SAS Member

Language: C++, Java, Python
So WHAT would you do at a party? Would you just stand there, doing nothing and then eventually work your way up by talking to random people as you went to more parties?

What would you say to them at first?

Uh, imagine a dark alley, and you see, you see someone come up behind you. You start walking faster, you don't know who it is. You turn around, it's just you. It's you, you're the shadow
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Asar

You are true warrior,no one who didnt experiance these sensations cant understand what an achievement it is to overcome those anxcious brain conections,how the proces is dificult to force brain to change.
thank you

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page