Volunteering and getting a degree - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: German, English
My Mood: Crappy

Volunteering and getting a degree

Hello everyone!

Today marks a special day in my life since two things happened.
First, I officially got my university certificate today. The certificate itself doesn't hold that much meaning to me, but all the struggles I went through mentally to get it was certainly meaningful. Over the past 3,5 years a lot happened and even though my fears are still here, I managed to grow a bit as a person. Not everything was easy, but I loved every single day of my study program and am feeling a bit sad to leave it behind me now. (The degree doesn't help me that much in getting a job, but it did help me move out of my comfort zone a bit).

I will also start volunteering in a student organisation soon. Still super nervous about meeting new people there and about my tasks, but I'm also excited to try it out. The organisation is a good place for me to get 'work experience' and practice my social skills, since everyone is volunteering and the atmosphere seems to be relaxed than a 'normal' workplace.

This is a super short post, but I just wanted to get that out. It may not seem as much, but for me those are two big steps forward.

Ciaossu!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page