Today I connected with a homeless man - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
That was very nice of you. I would have said no to the beer, but oh well he'll get to feel good for a few hours.

Hope he doesn't see you as an easy mark and keep asking for more.
yes. this would be the fear and the mentality in my country. .... people would avoid this, ( or maybe its just me) because before you know it. they have followed you and god forbid they find out where you live then you are hounded constantly for money, eetc....

yes we do give a coin to the Eastern European beggar guy near Christmas here. but they aren't homeless.. and he is very polite . it does feel NICE to give yes .... but you do need to be carefull. you have to draw a line in some cases.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

A different homeless man came around my way today when I was waiting for the bus at my at my college, he was polite and didn't try to rob me -- must be because I am a pure angel and they can sense it and are respectful of me. He looks like he is kind of not normal, so he asked if I have any change, sadly my mind is always blank and I told him I don't have any but I actually had 2 $ and 75 cents, but I didn't know cuz I have memory problems. So then he was looking on the floor, and then I remembered I had money so I gave him the 2$ I was gonna use for the bus.

So then I told him, oh I forgot I have 2$ here you go. Then he was happy and took it and thanked me, then he started talking to me about how he wants to be a weightlifter at the fitness center across the street and I was keen and I listened to him and smiled. I told him to go and become his dreams, he was like nah blah blah and then he thanked me for the money and told me to have a good night and I told him to be safe then he left.

So homeless people know how to behave and how to communicate with rich people, so they get money to survive on the streets. I mean our social anxiety is just like childish, when you become homeless probably you will force yourself like this guy to be social and get the money to survive. You know I mean.... Yeah.

post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 12:32 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
I dont think youre feeding him once then letting him starve. isnt there a soup kitchen or whatever that he can go to? that zoloft sounds dangerous.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 07:32 PM
SAS Member

youre a pure angel? yeah maybe they can sense that. i found out that if you help them they will harass you when they see you again and see you as an "easy mark". there are ways for homeless to get food and a little dough. so they dont need you to do all that. watch out.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahdeeblah View Post
I dont think youre feeding him once then letting him starve. isnt there a soup kitchen or whatever that he can go to? that zoloft sounds dangerous.
I don't see him around anymore. They should learn how to take care of themselves, zoloft can help people, if I didn't have any SSRIs to change my life -- I would have ended up homeless too.

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 10:40 PM
LEFT SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmind View Post
I don't see him around anymore. They should learn how to take care of themselves, zoloft can help people, if I didn't have any SSRIs to change my life -- I would have ended up homeless too.
I'm sure they know how to take care of themselves. You don't know anything about them....Zoloft can help people, sure, and it can stop working.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 03:14 AM
SAS Member

meds are dangerous. ive been on zoloft and everything else. theyre no good. but whatever. carry on.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
It's been the way

Outside a bar where people ask for cigarettes and no more. My #1 mate extroverted-ish well employed does hand out cigarettes. Part of him to be happy with life. Therefore making friends. He made me. Outgoing?

I am so lucky to possess a home. What will happen to me?

worker |<------recruiter / lawyer /----->| employer

LIFE = LUCK. No magic. someone made a fluffy subjective decision which affected you and will forever
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahdeeblah View Post
meds are dangerous. ive been on zoloft and everything else. theyre no good. but whatever. carry on.
Hiss!

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlyimproving View Post
I'm sure they know how to take care of themselves. You don't know anything about them....Zoloft can help people, sure, and it can stop working.
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind mannnnnnn

Are you saying even benzodiazepines will stop working? Or are you just hating on antidepressants to turn me off and un-friend you?

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
For your info, I am prepared to do anything in the world to keep me away from feeling as ****ty as I used to feel before antidepressants -- even if I have to up my doses extremely high or switch to different medications for millions of times, or even surgically remove my social anxiety. Don't try me.

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 05:50 PM
LEFT SAS

Quote:
For your info, I am prepared to do anything in the world to keep me away from feeling as ****ty as I used to feel before antidepressants -- even if I have to up my doses extremely high or switch to different medications for millions of times, or even surgically remove my social anxiety. Don't try me.
I totally support you in that! Looks like we've had a misunderstanding.

I should have been more articulate. Homelessness can happen to anyone. I don't think it's a matter of them not knowing how to take care of themselves, once you're in that situation, it's extremely difficult to get out of. In my opinion, homelessness is a failure on society's part, not the individuals.........I could end up on the streets. Many of us here can.

Keep pushing forward. I hope you're also in therapy. That helps too.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 05:52 PM
LEFT SAS

Quote:
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind mannnnnnn

Are you saying even benzodiazepines will stop working? Or are you just hating on antidepressants to turn me off and un-friend you?
Ouch! Didn't mean to hit a nerve. They don't work for me, they do stop for some, but you can always rotate pills. Do what works for you!

I think you'll be just fine!
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I totally support you in that! Looks like we've had a misunderstanding.

I should have been more articulate. Homelessness can happen to anyone. I don't think it's a matter of them not knowing how to take care of themselves, once you're in that situation, it's extremely difficult to get out of. In my opinion, homelessness is a failure on society's part, not the individuals.........I could end up on the streets. Many of us here can.

Keep pushing forward. I hope you're also in therapy. That helps too.
Man I hope you have a huge one.

post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Ouch! Didn't mean to hit a nerve. They don't work for me, they do stop for some, but you can always rotate pills. Do what works for you!

I think you'll be just fine!
If you can afford to talk to me in this manner, then it means you have a huge one. You better have huge one, otherwise you don't deserve to talk to me in this manner.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page