Talked to two girls today - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Starlight and moonbeams

Talked to two girls today

Both have boyfriends, but I thought this was a triumph!

I had been putting off talking to this girl in class that I think is cute (but sadly has a boyfriend), but I managed to have a short conversation with her before class. She's really nice, and even though we're not friends, I can see myself becoming friends with her.

The second girl is the girl that lives above me. The last (and only time, before now) that I talked to her was months ago, after she just moved in. She came out just as I was getting the mail today, and we had a nice conversation. Then I remembered something 20 mins later that I needed to tell her (she's having trouble with the landlord, and I remembered some advice), and caught her, this time with her boyfriend (who I had never met before.) This time I had a small panic attack, but managed to get through the conversation, and calmed down by the end of it.

I feel this is a triumph, because I generally avoid people unless I have to talk to them. I'm going to be a little more extroverted by Christmas, if my life depends on it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 09:12 AM
SAS Member

Congrats!

For that first girl in class how did you find out she had a bf? Because I find that sort of thing really hard. I'd get stuck in smalltalkville forever and never find out anything as personal as whether she has a bf.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 09:13 AM
this too shall pass

Location: Earth, Sol, Local Cluster, Earth Systems Alliance Space, The Milky Way
I'd also be proud of myself if I did that!
I thought I was one of the only people who feels weird around couples (apart from family) even if they're just walking around or even if they start talking to me first. It's strange...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 09:14 AM
SAS Member

Congratulations! That's great news!

I'm on the persuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good. Tell me what you know about dreamin' dreamin'. You don't really know about nothin' nothin'.
**The Daydreamer**
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 07:35 PM
SAS Member

Thats great, I'd be happy as well. I have the same problem as well but not as strong as you to get over it yet...........

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page