Stood up for myself in class - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
SAS Member

Im happy for you i wish i was ever able to do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 AM
SAS Member

ghostofme, you go boy!! You will see, when you stand up for yourself, people start backing down. Even if there are any repercutions for this, which I doubt, but if there are, what do you have to lose anyway? You already have SAD. Nothing worst can happen. If anything, he probably respects you more and is probably thinking to himself "what a dick, but im glad he did it. He should be sticking up for himself more." but he will never show it to you, but he could be thinking it. Who knows, you keep being self assertive and dont let people walk all over you, you will start to see how many more friends you get. Its happened to me before. Whenever I start feeling confidant and good about myself, people flock to me. I know this much.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 04:40 AM
SAS Member

In high school I would purposely give people the wrong answers if they asked to copy my homework :3 Though I think I only had to do that once or twice~

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
That's whatsup. Being brave enough to stick up for what you believed was right is respectable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperflower View Post
In high school I would purposely give people the wrong answers if they asked to copy my homework :3 Though I think I only had to do that once or twice~
Devious lol

"I guess I should warn you, if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said." - Alan Greenspan

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 09:42 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Nice one bro. Ppl used to copy off me back in hs too. It's okay to copy notes off classmates in college now tho.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofme View Post
In class today one of the popular guys asked me if he could copy my work right before class started. I said hell no. Literally those two words. He just said something like "dick" and then rushed to finish as much of it as he could.

I've been an other-person pleaser all my life, but I'm trying to change that. Little steps. I feel bad right now worrying if there will be consequences to this action but whatever happens it was worth it because I am worth it.
It would have been sweet if you had a fake homework with all the wrong answers
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM
uggla

You are my hero
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Permanently Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofme View Post
In class today one of the popular guys asked me if he could copy my work right before class started. I said hell no. Literally those two words. He just said something like "dick" and then rushed to finish as much of it as he could.

I've been an other-person pleaser all my life, but I'm trying to change that. Little steps. I feel bad right now worrying if there will be consequences to this action but whatever happens it was worth it because I am worth it.
You should wait for him after school and hospitalize him. That will earn you all the respect you need.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 PM
SAS Member

Good job! I feel like I can be too passive at times but it feels great standing up for yourself. I don't like it when people treat you like you're the one doing something wrong, when they're the ones doing what's wrong in the first place LOL.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page