Stayed at a party, and actually danced with a girl .. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Stayed at a party, and actually danced with a girl ..

Every year there is this week of open gigs, in our local open park. Its an afternoon activity. So i went this afternoon, walked around by myself, and just when i thought it was gonna be another 3hrs of going in cirlces.. i met this girl (Jane) i knew from college. We chatted.

The music started and for a while i was just nodding my head, afraid to touch her. During a break in the music, I go for a snack and come accross this other girl I knew from college. She asks if Jane was my girlfriend. Truthfully I answered "no." Anyway, as I head back, she tells me "well next time, I don't wanna see a space between you two."

You can my nervousness at that dare. Luckily it starts raining. Jane and I pull closer to shelter the rain, I held her umbrella up and a rude drunk cousin of mine pushed me, and i was finally dancing with her. Usually I hate it when cousin Bob does that, but, well the next hour was sure a lotta fun.

Now that I think of it, spending a whole hour dancing exclusively with one girl, just after saying ( to another girl) that she's not my girlfriend .. is a pretty mixed message.
But I certainly didn't lie .. LOL.
..oh well , thank God for the rain !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM
sa challenger

Wonderful! What a happy story! So romantic, dancing in the rain.

"Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 05:02 AM
SAS Member

Good for you man, that's huge! Glad to see SA sufferers persevering. Keep at it.

- cmed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page