She told me to WAIT, then this happened! -- On simplicity and being present - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

She told me to WAIT, then this happened! -- On simplicity and being present

Interaction of this dude talking to this woman who is on the phone. I find very interesting to see her reaction and how the interaction flows, definitely inspiring in a world where most people seems stuck on dating app. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Anxiolytic

I think these videos are created with the intent to generate views and are, for the most part, completely staged.

Even if real, it's cherry picked results.

Please don't take these people's advice.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Let's say you talk to 10 people, 1 person does not want to talk to you, 3 you interact but nothing crazy, 3 are pleasant interactions but it stops there, 2 you keep in touch for a bit but then it dies and 1 you keep in touch for a long time and become a good friend or someone you date, wouldn't be worth it? Furthermore, you seem to judge the interaction based on the outcome, the outcome is irrelevant, what matters, in my opinion, is to be able to live true to yourself, as long as one is polite and have good intention, why would not you be able to engage with another human being?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 03:21 AM
2 steps fwrd,2 steps back

Language: rambling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiro View Post
Even if real, it's cherry picked results.
yea I reckon so. he should include the out-takes where he approached another dozen or so women and they had reactions that ranged from apathetic to get the hell away from me lol.

tbh, this sort of thing is a bit like working in sales, actually quite a lot. you are trying to sell yourself, it's cold calling the public and not everyone is gonna be interested or happy about it. I think you need a thick skin for it and very good at dealing with rejection. it seems a lot like pua... which is pretty old now.

I like donuts
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 10:17 AM
Anxiolytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleneck0987 View Post
Let's say you talk to 10 people, 1 person does not want to talk to you, 3 you interact but nothing crazy, 3 are pleasant interactions but it stops there, 2 you keep in touch for a bit but then it dies and 1 you keep in touch for a long time and become a good friend or someone you date, wouldn't be worth it? Furthermore, you seem to judge the interaction based on the outcome, the outcome is irrelevant, what matters, in my opinion, is to be able to live true to yourself, as long as one is polite and have good intention, why would not you be able to engage with another human being?
Or, more likely story:
He asked people off the street if they wanted to be in a YouTube video. That's the modus operandi of these guys.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

If you look at the other videos on the channel you will see that I talk to various people, it's not always "dating" focused, they are videos where I have lunch with people, one where I talk to an old man on a bench. The channel is about social interaction in general but I still do videos around "talking to women one is attracted to" because it is one "aspect", rather fundamental of human interactions.
I am not sure what your experience is with talking to people randomly but in my experience, most people are happy to talk. As long as you are polite and you have good intentions, that you are not there to harass people, people are happy to talk to you. Don't we all need human interactions? Why would you be on this forum anyway?
Now it is your choice to focus on negative things you extrapolate from the video or to focus on the essence which is that if you want to talk to another human being you should be able to. If there is a human being in front of you you want to meet but you can't get yourself to express one word, what does that say about how you relate to others and what does that say about your ability to express yourself and be true to yourself? If someone does not want to talk to you, there are no reason to insist, they are plenty of people in this world and you don't have time to hang out with everyone anyway, but at the end of the day don't we all want to find these people with whom we connect naturally? How would you meet them if you are not able to express yourself when you want to? For those who say you should not talk to people who are on the phone, this is just a failure of imagination. You are thinking about a few scenarios in your mind but in reality they are billions of possibilities, this video being one of them. If tomorrow you walk around and see a friend on the phone, wouldn't you say hello? So the problem is not the situation but how you think about it. It may seem hard to believe but I personally struggled with social interaction and used to build up arguments just like these to not look into the mirror until one day I realized that I was not getting any younger and that I had to face this issue. If you are slightly curious I invite you to look at some of the other videos. There is not much else I can say, I understand to be doubtful of strangers posting videos on forums but at least it starts a discussion I guess. All the best to everyone Here is my first video about what I consider to be the centerpiece of my perspective:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

i made a typo in the video url i think, here it is:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 04:25 PM
Anxiolytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleneck0987 View Post
If you look at the other videos on the channel you will see that I talk to various people, it's not always "dating" focused, they are videos where I have lunch with people, one where I talk to an old man on a bench. The channel is about social interaction in general but I still do videos around "talking to women one is attracted to" because it is one "aspect", rather fundamental of human interactions.
I am not sure what your experience is with talking to people randomly but in my experience, most people are happy to talk. As long as you are polite and you have good intentions, that you are not there to harass people, people are happy to talk to you. Don't we all need human interactions? Why would you be on this forum anyway?
Now it is your choice to focus on negative things you extrapolate from the video or to focus on the essence which is that if you want to talk to another human being you should be able to. If there is a human being in front of you you want to meet but you can't get yourself to express one word, what does that say about how you relate to others and what does that say about your ability to express yourself and be true to yourself? If someone does not want to talk to you, there are no reason to insist, they are plenty of people in this world and you don't have time to hang out with everyone anyway, but at the end of the day don't we all want to find these people with whom we connect naturally? How would you meet them if you are not able to express yourself when you want to? For those who say you should not talk to people who are on the phone, this is just a failure of imagination. You are thinking about a few scenarios in your mind but in reality they are billions of possibilities, this video being one of them. If tomorrow you walk around and see a friend on the phone, wouldn't you say hello? So the problem is not the situation but how you think about it. It may seem hard to believe but I personally struggled with social interaction and used to build up arguments just like these to not look into the mirror until one day I realized that I was not getting any younger and that I had to face this issue. If you are slightly curious I invite you to look at some of the other videos. There is not much else I can say, I understand to be doubtful of strangers posting videos on forums but at least it starts a discussion I guess. All the best to everyone Here is my first video about what I consider to be the centerpiece of my perspective:
Oh, I didn't actually look that deep into it, but thanks for making it clear.

You're self promoting by trying to market to the kind of people that are desperate for what you're offering. Clever.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 04:36 PM
blurry dystopia gif ☣️

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
So he filmed a video where he purposefully approached someone who is talking on the phone to someone? Instead of someone who isn't.

Actually I think I saw a video one of those ones where they ask a bunch of people for their number of something and the guy in that video did something similar I thought that seemed annoying.

I wrote this earlier before realising it was you because your wording in the OP makes it seem like it isn't, couldn't be bothered posting it then, and my browser saved it. Guess I'll post it now.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 11:12 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
She's ovulating.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page