Shame attacking and beyond... - Page 16 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #301 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I’ve been meaning to update here for ages, but time constraints, and a continual mental remapping of what I thought was true but isn’t; have delayed me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Important point no. 1:

I believe we each have our own distinct and individual character, which must be released somehow. Trying to force through a personality of yourself, which you believe is you, however isn’t; will result in lots of negative emotions. Fear, anger, sadness, anxiety, etc....
post #303 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Point number 2:

Biases and judgments make the mind sick. This is so subtle, yet so behaviour altering! I’ve realised that I’m always carrying a bias around with me, and never approaching each moment in life from a clean slate. Therefore, everything I experience is tainted according to the bias I have at that moment.

“We see things as we are, not as they are.”

When people say “live in the moment”, this is what it means. Bias free and judgment free - just be, and go with the flow of existence, without your biased mind impeding events.

However, I’m yet to discover or decide if a positive bias and positive judgements about people or situations, are harmful for living in the moment like negative ones. Something to test...

post #304 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Point 3:

Don’t try to micromanage your social interactions by overthinking what to say or how to be. Just like we don’t think about how we move our tongue while chewing, let that same idea permeate how you act with others. All we need to do is stop the negative thought processes and our real self will just flow out. It’s all about releasing rather than creating - we’re already there within ourselves, always have been.

Socrates and the marble carving he did comes to mind; he carved a beautiful statue from a block of marble, yet he refused to take any credit from his admirers. He gave all credit to the gods instead. All he did he said, was to take away the bits that weren’t supposed to be there, and what he was left with, was beauty. It had always been there.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page