Revelation - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Einsiedler

Revelation

Tonight I just became conscious to the fact that the bouts of bitterness and anger I experience start with a specific thought and feeling. That's the trigger. And it's like a snap of the fingers and I'm in it. And I can't get out because when it comes it's easier to continue to confirm what I'm already feeling. And though I'm conscious of it, it doesn't make it any less real. That's the nature of it.

I don't want to give myself the time to remember old negative, bitter thought pathways.

Because I know that's what it is. Time spent in isolation.

I need to get out and move around, do things, make progress, then come home and rest, and continue to fill my days with meaning like this.

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place for me to post this in. In some way I think this is a triumph because it was me becoming aware of the workings of my bitterness and how it comes along, and ultimately what I can do to stop it from happening anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
SAS Member

this is definitely a triumph, being able to isolate the thoughts that trigger certain emotions and then subsequent behaviours. I'm working on becoming more conscious of them too, specifically all the negativity I throw my way each day. occasionally I'll write down the thoughts that are burdening/angering me and counteract them when I feel rational later... reading back on that helps me not only feel better about what I was thinking but lets me realize that my thoughts were irrational or exaggerated. & you're so right about 'getting out and moving around'. that's a form of therapy in itself. good luck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:45 AM
SAS Member

That's definitely progress. Once you've become aware of negative triggers you can develop a way of counteracting them and developing positive triggers which are just as powerful.

BRO

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page