Post your 2016 'firsts' - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 08:59 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doubtful
Quote:
Originally Posted by pied vert View Post
GG allin..?
ice swimming? that sounds really neat

your firsts sound very cool. good that you don't care what people think, because it sounds like you have a lot of fun with those things (and even though you don't care, i have to say i think they sound very interesting)

i've still never asked someone out point-blank. a fear i want to conquer... good for you. by saying this is a first, do you mean you're going to ask her out many more times?

who gives a crap if people judge you for being at a bar by yourself. I would do it allllllllllll the time if I could go out that often (and if i had more money). try it again and stick around next time, and try your hardest to block out everyone else. it feels good. I brought a book last time, put my feet up, and smiled occasionally at people who must've been thinking what a loser I was.

why do you think the dating profile didn't work out?

first and last for the suicide attempt I hope
What i meant was that i got really drunk and went ice swimming while really drunk and because of it i nearly died, and thats why its gg

"Using his burgeoning intelligence, this most successful of all mammals
has exploited the environment to produce food for an ever increasing population.
Instead of controlling the environment for the benefit of the population,
perhaps it is time we control the population to allow the survival of the environment."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 12:43 PM
SAS Member

2016 will be a great year, so far bad sa is still preventing me from living it to the most of it's potential but what can I do...just slowly get better. Anyway there should be quite a few firsts this year or 'firsts in a while' especially relating to what anxiety prevented me from doing for well over a year. Like whenever I'm back employed.

Not many firsts for the first half of 2016...none that I can remember at least. But here's a random one that I had recently. Played videogames with a gf. My gf has a PS3 for her and her kids but she has no games! So for a while I been thinking of a good game to get for them. I went to Walmart before meeting up with her and I found a game that has many classic Sega Genesis games. Said to myself they should like this....also it's pretty kid friendly. So I bought it. We had blast! Me and my girl playing some Final Fight and Golden Axe(never played these back in the day), kicking ***...we make a good team lol. As someone who grew up on gaming, I was really loving it! I told her that too, told her how I just realized I never did this with a gf. Looking forward to playing some more with her kids and her. Some nice, fun video gaming times, gotta love it!
post #23 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Planet

My Mood: Crappy
this upsets me.

JUST DO IT, ******

post #24 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Bleep blorp blop bip boop

My Mood: Lurking
I ordered some underwear online for the first time. That's about it.

You are the wave, I am the naked island.
post #25 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 03:58 PM
SAS Member

2016 firsts:

Just the other day I saw a boy riding a bicycle down the street. It was the first time I had ever seen a boy riding a bicycle down the street, in the year 2016.
post #26 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Protector of the Den

My Mood: Confused
*Lit a pilot light for the first time when it went out on the water heater
*Setup my first saltwater aquarium. It's only a 10 gallon with a few hermit crabs and snails though.
*Found my first morel mushrooms in the wild
*Grew cat grass
*Walked at least one new trail
*Went as my Dad's guest to a dinner held for volunteers. Only thing social anxiety related

All I can think of atm
post #27 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex87 View Post
Not many firsts for the first half of 2016...none that I can remember at least. But here's a random one that I had recently. Played videogames with a gf. My gf has a PS3 for her and her kids but she has no games! So for a while I been thinking of a good game to get for them. I went to Walmart before meeting up with her and I found a game that has many classic Sega Genesis games. Said to myself they should like this....also it's pretty kid friendly. So I bought it. We had blast! Me and my girl playing some Final Fight and Golden Axe(never played these back in the day), kicking ***...we make a good team lol. As someone who grew up on gaming, I was really loving it! I told her that too, told her how I just realized I never did this with a gf. Looking forward to playing some more with her kids and her. Some nice, fun video gaming times, gotta love it!
that actually sounds like a really fcking fun first! the first time I started playing video games with a friend was an absolute blast. relevant to SA, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDays View Post
this upsets me.
what's wrong?
post #28 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 11:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
that actually sounds like a really fcking fun first! the first time I started playing video games with a friend was an absolute blast. relevant to SA, too.
Yeah it was pretty fun. I'm not a huge gamer as I used to be but I play every now and again. I'm usually playing solo(as an adult I always played solo, not even online gaming)...of course more fun playing with another. And who else would be better to play with....so yeah I was loving it!
post #29 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 04:22 AM
Planet

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
what's wrong?
you're on sas and your life is good and getting better and you're getting some while most of us on here are miserable and hkvs, jealously is what's wrong lol =P

don't take this the wrong way you're free to post

JUST DO IT, ******
post #30 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 04:29 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Sad
In 2016...

My artwork was displayed in my school's art gallery for the first time. ;~; ♥

I drew portraits at an event for people in real time, for the first time. That was huge for me O_O

Was published in the local newspaper for the first time (one of my paintings advertising the same school art exhibit :P)

Designed tickets for a school event. First time I did that. Wow, all art-related stuff I didn't even realize until putting them all together. *thumbs up* Guess this year's been pretty good!!

EDIT: OMG HOW COULD I FORGET XDDDDDDD I made my first business cards and opened my first online store. Even though I've literally done nothing with them yet LOL
post #31 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDays View Post
you're on sas and your life is good and getting better and you're getting some while most of us on here are miserable and hkvs, jealously is what's wrong lol =P

don't take this the wrong way you're free to post
don't worry i'm miserable too, i just try not to post too much about that part. but yeah I really do believe I'm getting better. my point of sharing that on SAS is not to brag though, I really think seeing other people with issues (doesn't even matter if they're not the same...issues are issues) do things that you've always wanted to do is a great motivating factor. probably my greatest motivating factor ever. and of course, the point was to remind people of risks and activities that they've tried or want to try, since a lot of depression comes from inertia.

these are not just the accomplishments of some aliens, these are all people like you, who decided *recently* to try something because they wanted to. the most helpful thing to me so far has been realizing that I can do what the others do, everything that has always seemed so fun and foreign to me.
comparing yourself isn't unnatural though, if seeing someone do something nice bothers you, that's all good as long as it in some way contributes to you doing something too
it wasn't just one comparison that made me feel sick and tired enough to try things though, my life has been a long list of comparisons, and I've only just started this year.
i'm sorry if I come off as preachy, but with this sort of thing, how else can a person come off?!
post #32 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefreak View Post
In 2016...

My artwork was displayed in my school's art gallery for the first time. ;~; ♥

I drew portraits at an event for people in real time, for the first time. That was huge for me O_O

Was published in the local newspaper for the first time (one of my paintings advertising the same school art exhibit :P)

Designed tickets for a school event. First time I did that. Wow, all art-related stuff I didn't even realize until putting them all together. *thumbs up* Guess this year's been pretty good!!

EDIT: OMG HOW COULD I FORGET XDDDDDDD I made my first business cards and opened my first online store. Even though I've literally done nothing with them yet LOL
i can only imagine having the value of your effort and creativity affirmed like that feels amazing. good job, you must be a good artist
post #33 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 AM
SAS Member

I wore a "bunad" for the first time. It's a traditional piece of clothing in Norway. But apparently I wore it the wrong way so both my grandma and her sister have been posting long posts on my Facebook wall about everything I did wrong.. Might give it another go next year. Probably not though, if it's going to make such a fuzz.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert

post #34 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuckey View Post
2016 firsts:

Just the other day I saw a boy riding a bicycle down the street. It was the first time I had ever seen a boy riding a bicycle down the street, in the year 2016.
and do you think you'll be doing it again??

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
*Setup my first saltwater aquarium. It's only a 10 gallon with a few hermit crabs and snails though.
*Grew cat grass
*Went as my Dad's guest to a dinner held for volunteers. Only thing social anxiety related
those sound very nature-y and I'm impressed. I walked a new trail this year too, I forgot to mention that. it's actually only the 2nd time I've done that, and I definitely want to start doing it more.
what was your motivation for the aquarium, are there particular fish you really like?
post #35 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletra View Post
I wore a "bunad" for the first time. It's a traditional piece of clothing in Norway. But apparently I wore it the wrong way so both my grandma and her sister have been posting long posts on my Facebook wall about everything I did wrong.. Might give it another go next year. Probably not though, if it's going to make such a fuzz.
some people are too uptight about tradition
if it interests you, forget about them. do it again until it satisfies you!
post #36 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 AM
untitled document

Language: None
  • Ran into someone I knew in public for the first (and second) time.
  • First time helping charge a stranger's phone at a gas station.
  • Met up with someone from a dating website for the first time.
  • Played my first murder mystery game.
  • Wrote my first murder mystery game.
  • Watched one of my dad's senior softball games for the first time.
  • Played my first meetup softball game.
  • Played my first game of glow-in-the-dark minigolf.
  • First time taking light rail on my own.
  • Discovered a new trail by going off-path.

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #37 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Protector of the Den

Quote:
those sound very nature-y and I'm impressed. I walked a new trail this year too, I forgot to mention that. it's actually only the 2nd time I've done that, and I definitely want to start doing it more.
what was your motivation for the aquarium, are there particular fish you really like?
Not really a fish. I just find critters like hermit crabs interesting and always wanted to have a saltwater aquarium because I live so far from the ocean.

Also I find live rock to be really cool. It's rock from the ocean that helps with biological filtration and you never know what kind of critters will hitchhike on it. The live rock I have for this aquarium ended up having mini starfish(like these http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/images...s/DSC_1068.jpg ). They've grown in number(counted at least 15 starfish last night) so I must be doing things at least partially right.

I probably won't be adding fish to this aquarium because it is so small. Someday, I would like to be able to afford a bigger saltwater aquarium with fish though.

Have fun and keep up the walking!
post #38 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Vlk
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
*Grew cat grass

All I can think of atm
These are some cool hobbies! I suppose living in Michigan helps.
post #39 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Protector of the Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlk View Post
These are some cool hobbies! I suppose living in Michigan helps.
Thanks I didn't pick the morel mushrooms though. They seemed dry and I don't have experience with picking them so I didn't know if they were still good.
post #40 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:22 PM
No flex zone

things that have pushed me out of my comfort zone this year so far has been:

I've met like at least ten guys from online dating,
traveled down to see one of them to a part of the country I've never been before mainly to get out of my comfort zone which was so rewarding, was in love with him and we were a couple for awhile
Went to my first pub crawl

Omg that was a lot less than I expected. But I like this thread, it's inspiring! Makes me want to do more things now.

“Problems cannot be solved with the same mind set that created them.”

Face one fear every day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page