Post Here Whenever You Take A Positive Step - Page 8 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #141 of 155 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 05:27 PM
Half agony, half hope.

I didn't really think it was a big step but in retrospect I did manage to give a presentation which isn't something I'd felt I was able to do a year or two ago.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 11:47 AM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
Today my boss told me off. A few years ago I would apologise immediately, falter, say i'm sorry hundreds of times, feel crappy and go in the toilet and cry. But .... I stood my ground. I didn't cry. I didnt say soryy. This is a huge accomplishment.

post #143 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 11:42 AM
zkv
SAS Member

Positve... hopefully? I went back on psychiatric drugs. Things had been getting way out of hand and I couldn't see it.

Not a 'triumph over social anxiety' but whatever.

post #144 of 155 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 03:34 PM
pls don't eat bats, thnx

Language: rambling
well I did a video call yesterday for the first time. but all my fears about doing one are still there as I feel like those fears actually came true. so I am still no closer to being able to successfully do video calls with people...

I like donuts
post #145 of 155 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 09:19 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
I reduced my benzo medication, it is time to. I really hope I could do the next step.
post #146 of 155 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 10:39 AM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
I reduced my benzo medication, it is time to. I really hope I could do the next step.

Well done Lily, can be tough so I've heard, but sure you can do it!!

**** your feelings !!

SFC
post #147 of 155 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 10:55 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Well done Lily, can be tough so I've heard, but sure you can do it!!
Thank you D'avjo!
post #148 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 11:58 AM
A Person

Today I told my therapist about a deep seated problem I have. I wasnt planning on telling her as it's steeped in shame. I'm proud of myself for finally telling her.

post #149 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 08:28 AM
SAS Member

Got a haircut. Feels so good! I also called yesterday to make the appointment instead of doing it online

“You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
“They called me the hyacinth girl.”
—Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence.
Oed’ und leer das Meer.
post #150 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 08:59 AM
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

Basic enough for most people but, being in a routine again. Even if I end up doing fairly menial tasks throughout the day I still feel a sense of accomplishment and it redirects a lot of my usual depressive thoughts to something positive.

Maybe to clarify, it's cutting out things and adding things to my regular routine which consisted of staying up until the early mornings playing video games, waking up late afternoon and continuing that cycle. Also binge eating out of boredom.

Now that the weather is nice here, I find myself actually wanting to start the day early and get outside in my backyard or go for a bike ride and I just feel better in general. Slow steps towards working on myself is progress in any shape.
post #151 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 09:27 AM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingHearts View Post
Basic enough for most people but, being in a routine again. Even I end up doing fairly menial tasks throughout the day I still feel a sense of accomplishment and it redirects a lot of my usual depressive thoughts to something positive.

Maybe to clarify, it's cutting out things and adding things to my regular routine which consisted of staying up until the early mornings playing video games, waking up late afternoon and continuing that cycle. Also binge eating out of boredom.

Now that the weather is nice here, I find myself actually wanting to start the day early and get outside in my backyard or go for a bike ride and I just feel better in general. Slow steps towards working on myself is progress in any shape.

Well done, routine is good when depressed. Now just remember to shout **** you at your depressive thoughts when they tell you to mope around.

**** your feelings !!

SFC
post #152 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 10:10 AM
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Well done, routine is good when depressed. Now just remember to shout **** you at your depressive thoughts when they tell you to mope around.
Thank you I agree, and I shall try doing that lol. Routine has always been my issue and sticking with it, in any aspect of my life. Working out, eating right, etc. Just hoping that I won't fall back into bad habits when the weather changes because I definitely think I fall into the category of seasonal affective disorder.
post #153 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 06:32 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Buzzed
Red face

I still can't do college because of my social anxiety but I take online classes. I played shows as a guitarist in my 20s to force myself out of my comfort zone. Now I'm taking a step forward again by creating and maintaining a YouTube Channel. Please check it out if you have a YouTube account. Search "Lotusbag Floral Alexander Guitarwealth101 Channel Albuquerque" That should pull it up. Please subscribe, like, comment and share a link to my channel with all your friends. Working on this channel has given me a sense of purpose and aliveness. Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
multistage.jpg  
post #154 of 155 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 07:58 AM
A Person

I haven't stalked a particular person (my LO's crush) in 3 months. This is huge progress for me. Before, I would go on their page and see that my LO would like their selfie and never mine, and it would make me feel like crap. But in a way I was weirdly addicted to that feeling as I would keep coming back to check. Anyway I haven't stalked them in 3 months. Its actually been hard as I have wanted to stalk but I will not. And it's tremendous progress.

post #155 of 155 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 04:29 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I volunteered to go to a meeting with the higher ups to get some exposure. I doubt it's going to go anywhere, and I'm sure I'll just humiliate myself, but I feel good about the fact that I'm trying.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page