Post Here Whenever You Take A Positive Step - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:24 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Been going to BJJ despite of anxiety over having been promoted (People wont think I deserve it!), and got complemented by the person who won gold in the national championship, felt pretty good.
Starting to be able to put up a fight against higher belts, too, which gives a nice feeling of progress.

Also managed to chat with a few classmates while walking home, despite of avoiding any discussion with them for the most of the year.
And asked an older friend to hang out, which he hasn't really taken me on, on, yet. I've always had major difficulties keeping in touch with people, and in the past I've just let my social connections slip.
This summer, though, I have made plans with a group of friends to meet up, got invited to visit another friend, and made plans to meet and perhaps study together with the best friend I've made in years.
Also managed to throw some jokes and chat a bit in hobbies.

Gonna leave this video where a bjj guy talks about doing pretty much the same stuff I've been doing to work on my anxiety, I think doing these things could help quite a few people:

"If you need a safe space, see a therapist" - Jordan Peterson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Today I woke up and a voice in my head told me to deactivate Instagram. I'm a firm believer that if you ever get a random idea as soon as you wake up that's unnatural to yourself it's probably divine intervention/your spirit guide trying to communicate with yu.

So that's what I did. I deactivated my Instagram and already i feel so much better. I didnt realise that this app that i was addicted to (refreshed at least 40 times a day) was causing me so much anxiety. All I felt from IG was negative emotions when I really think about it. How could i be addicted to that?

Now I dont have to worry about
-not getting enough likes
-my crush liking other girls pics
-not enough people watching my story
-the wrong people watching my story
-people i barely know unfollowing me and suddenly it's the end of the world
-not getting follow backs from people i've met
-people not responding to my DM even though i KNOW i've seen them online

Honestly, all this app gives me is just anxiety. And already i feel so much better now i've got rid of it. I'm happy living in the ignorance that my crush is hitting on girls on IG, and people are having the times of their lives on IG but i simply do not know. And I feel so much better already.

post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:28 PM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Language: Mind yours
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Ice Dude55 View Post
Today I woke up and a voice in my head told me to deactivate Instagram. I'm a firm believer that if you ever get a random idea as soon as you wake up that's unnatural to yourself it's probably divine intervention/your spirit guide trying to communicate with yu.

So that's what I did. I deactivated my Instagram and already i feel so much better. I didnt realise that this app that i was addicted to (refreshed at least 40 times a day) was causing me so much anxiety. All I felt from IG was negative emotions when I really think about it. How could i be addicted to that?

Now I dont have to worry about
-not getting enough likes
-my crush liking other girls pics
-not enough people watching my story
-the wrong people watching my story
-people i barely know unfollowing me and suddenly it's the end of the world
-not getting follow backs from people i've met
-people not responding to my DM even though i KNOW i've seen them online

Honestly, all this app gives me is just anxiety. And already i feel so much better now i've got rid of it. I'm happy living in the ignorance that my crush is hitting on girls on IG, and people are having the times of their lives on IG but i simply do not know. And I feel so much better already.
I deleted mine a while back but I got it back a few days ago. Probably should have kept it deleted.

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 04:06 AM
SAS Member

Told a story to a complete stranger today. It was a long story and I didn't **** it up.

That says a lot for my social anxiety. If I can tell stories to my family and to strangers, then I can tell them to anyone. Game on.

Anxiety: 17.5
Advanced Self-Awareness
Amplify Chaos: engaged, simulation ON
Add Violence
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:23 PM
SAS Member

Great news! My mother and I both got hired at the thrift store. Training for me is next Tuesday morning, and my mothers is on Wednesday afternoon.

"Drifting and autocross is for the weak. We only do maximum velocity."
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM
Russian Modster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
Great news! My mother and I both got hired at the thrift store. Training for me is next Tuesday morning, and my mothers is on Wednesday afternoon.
That's awesome monkey!! wishing you both the best!!

:: Anybody else want to run? Contorting, distorting, I am undone. One less propaganda nightmare fixture. Are you getting the picture? Separate. I've lost my only way. See the shape, Broken and thrown away. ::

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Toxic Butterfly View Post
That's awesome monkey!! wishing you both the best!!
Thanks dear.

post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Language: English, Real talk, Spiritual
Quote:
Double Money
That is good to hear. I'm so happy for you. Good luck on with your training. You can do it Code Money
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Spirit View Post
Double Money
That is good to hear. I'm so happy for you. Good luck on with your training. You can do it Code Money
Oh they are both volunteer positions so we would not be paid, but still, thank you Fun Spirit!

post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Language: English, Real talk, Spiritual
Quote:
Oh they are both volunteer positions so we would not be paid, but still, thank you Fun Spirit!
Oh
That is still great! I hope you will make people happy there. A thrift store makes me feel compassion for the less fortunate

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page