pale and proud - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 10:16 PM
SAS Member

You should move to the town I am living in. There are pale people right and left. I myself am quite pale and I used to feel as if it made me stand out. Wow, I just now realized that it bothers me so little these days because I am so used to seeing it, it has become the 'norm'. Anyway, take good care of your skin and it will actually show more than the average person because lighter skin has an opalescent quality to it - it will really glow if you eat lots of vegetables and some fruit. And when you exercise you'll get a nice rosy flush that you will pull off really well because of your paleness. I suggest wearing really clear and delicate colors such as watermelon, coral, turqouise, salmon, golden brown, ivory, yellow green, and other warm toned shades. It will really bring out the best in your paleness - and yes, you can use it to your advantage. Anyway I think I got off on a beauty monologue here and should probably shut up. Beauty isn't everything but it can be healthy rather than torturous, it's all about how you utilize beauty. You have to feel at home in your own body and that is why I like to think that health is beauty, self confidence is most definitely beauty, and being grounded in your body - knowing and understanding it, is really a beautiful feeling. I hope all this rambling information helped, even if you weren't looking for advice XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 11:31 PM
SAS Member

I have pale skin and I love my look of icy blonde hair, pale hair and red lipstick. I think it's cool.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Cynical Idealist

My paleness used to bother me a lot in middle / high school. "Albino" was the insult of choice for a while, even though I've dark hair and eyes (kids are dumb). I really haven't thought about it in a while though. Guess I've just come to accept my paleness and skin cancer-less future.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 05:18 AM
indecisive piece of ****

I like that I'm pale. The only problem is when in school, during presentations and just overall talking to other people I'd blush and the redness would be so apparent against my white skin. It stood out very easily, and there wasn't anything I could do to hide it.. except maybe get a tan. But never will I!

tumblr

Flickr

my theme song

"I will not be attached to any douchebags, because the common human is mostly a douchebag."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDisaster View Post
If penises are giving you organisms frequently, you should try using contraception.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 AM
this too shall pass

Location: Earth, Sol, Local Cluster, Earth Systems Alliance Space, The Milky Way
How did this thread get revived after 5 years?

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 05:55 AM
SAS Member

Because pale skin is always awesome?

F***ing awesome.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 AM
SAS Member

For thread necromancy, pale skin is an appropriate subject!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innamorata View Post
Because pale skin is always awesome?
You know that's right.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 AM
this too shall pass

Location: Earth, Sol, Local Cluster, Earth Systems Alliance Space, The Milky Way
I tend to find that everyone (I have never met an exception) looks best with the skin colour they were born with. There are no unattractive skin colours imo.

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 06:08 AM
subtastic

^
I'd agree with that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page