Overcome it! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Overcome it!

Hello! I posted here last week about how terrified I was to join the orientation in our school. And guess what? I just joined today and I feel like I overcome one of my anxities. Although I haven't fully surpass my fears, I can say that I did my best to participate in the organization. Hope y'all find your inspiration to conquer new things! I'm looking forward to see brave hearts here in SAS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 10:03 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Your thread has been moved to a more suitable section.

That is very good news.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
Your thread has been moved to a more suitable section.

That is very good news. <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>
Oh I see thank you!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 04:21 AM
SAS Member

Well done! I love SAS, so I hope you find this website to be helpful and enjoyable.

I was in a similar situation recently: I was anxious about contacting someone to deliver a sensitive communication. It seemed best to ask people for help, but I was worried about feeling rejected again after doing my writing.

I feel that I have done well myself to stay calm in my situation. I chose to interpret a smiling face as a friendly, helpful face -- instead of imagining it to be laughing at me. Your post has inspired me to continue being the me I know I am. Thank you.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XebelRebel View Post
Well done! <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a> I love SAS, so I hope you find this website to be helpful and enjoyable.

I was in a similar situation recently: I was anxious about contacting someone to deliver a sensitive communication. It seemed best to ask people for help, but I was worried about feeling rejected again after doing my writing.

I feel that I have done well myself to stay calm in my situation. I chose to interpret a smiling face as a friendly, helpful face -- instead of imagining it to be laughing at me. Your post has inspired me to continue being the me I know I am. Thank you.
keep going! We can do this!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 07:04 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Congrats .

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 08:10 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Great job! What was concerning you and made you afraid about orientation?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
I'm actually afraid of people. I don't know those people and it was my first time in a new environment, I'm a first year college this year. Some said that there'll be a Q&A along the discussion and I was afraid to be called and answer nonsensical. I'm afraid of others' expectations and judgment (
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I'm actually afraid of people. I don't know those people and it was my first time in a new environment, I'm a first year college this year. Some said that there'll be a Q&A along the discussion and I was afraid to be called and answer nonsensically. I'm afraid of others' expectations and judgment (
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 06:47 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigne View Post
I'm actually afraid of people. I don't know those people and it was my first time in a new environment, I'm a first year college this year. Some said that there'll be a Q&A along the discussion and I was afraid to be called and answer nonsensically. I'm afraid of others' expectations and judgment (
I understand being afraid of that I would not like that situation either. How about your classes you have to take this semester? Classes that you will have to talk a lot in or give presentations? That is what I did not like. I would have to give presentations or speak in class I would have panic attacks. Could not handle it and eventually dropped out. Hopefully your school dosent require speech classes
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigne View Post
I'm actually afraid of people. I don't know those people and it was my first time in a new environment, I'm a first year college this year. Some said that there'll be a Q&A along the discussion and I was afraid to be called and answer nonsensically. I'm afraid of others' expectations and judgment <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>(
I understand being afraid of that I would not like that situation either. How about your classes you have to take this semester? Classes that you will have to talk a lot in or give presentations? That is what I did not like. I would have to give presentations or speak in class I would have panic attacks. Could not handle it and eventually dropped out. Hopefully your school dosent require speech classes
Most schools require that kind of interaction, all you have to do is to be prepared and practice beforehand. I understand that we have different approaches when it comes to anxiety attacks, but don't let your anxiety hinder yourself from learning. We can do this!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page