Lots of Photography Work - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Lots of Photography Work

Recently I've been getting a fair bit of photography work, especially form one person in particular who's happy with my work. I first got into contact with him when a friend of a friend recommended me to photographing some houses for a real estate she works for. One of the other people who works there then asked me to photograph some furniture for him. He's recently also asked me to photograph some kids clothes he's selling on e-bay as well as some family portraits.

Today i've got another job with him photographing his wife for her birthday at Wollaton park as well as shots of his kid.

He's also recommended me to a friend of his who does wedding videography and needs a female photographer so i've got to message him some time after christmas and arrange going to his studio to show my work. He says its in Hyson Green which thankfully is where my friend lives so I actually know the area. I can't believe i'm now doing jobs for people and actually getting use out of my phone with having to contact people.

On 23rd i'm photographing a charity gig but for this one have asked another photographer I know to come along and help out so I'm not doing that one alone.

An old college friend has also asked me if i'd photograph her friends wedding which might not be until 2015 so plenty of time for that.

All this work and I don't even advertise, I'd much rather photograph animals but think the experiences has helped with my anxiety as i'm forced to confront my fears. It helps that I can't say no to opportunities, even if I do dread them, when its over, its over so I might as well say yes and remind myself that it'll all be in the past eventually. I might be nervous about it for the present but but will be happy I gave it a go after it's done.

Check out my sites...

PHOTOGRAPHY
www.catreadphotography.weebly.com

Reptiles as Pets
www.reptile-savvy.weebly.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 AM
SAS Member

Congratulations That's awesome! Being able to turn something you love doing into employment is something I think we all dream of, so well done.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page