It's been a bumpy road... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
ISFJ

Language: English
My Mood: Fine

It's been a bumpy road...

I've been self diagnosing myself and coping with social anxiety and depression for almost 12 years, I'm 26.

First I sought online help, that's where I found this place. I immediately recognized my troubles with social anxiety and learned more about depression.

After trying anti-depressants, lifestyle changes, exercise, ect... I went back to my doctor. I should also mention I went to University on 3 separate occasions an failed horribly. Academic Probation twice. So I basically said, I don't understand what's wrong with me! I'm trying, I'm failing!

I was then assessed and diagnosed with severe ADHD. After doing research, I discovered I was at high probability for delayed neurological development. I was born 3 months premature, and apparently ADHD is common in premature's.

After trying some meds (and recovering from hep-c treatment, not drug related) I have finally settled on Adderall.

I just moved to a new city... When your social anxiety is at it's lowest, get out of your environment full of emotions and bad memories and into someplace new. I've been forced to interact with so many people...

With the ability to stay awake on adderall I can finally talk to people, and use my brain like I used to be able to. I'm not 100% yet but I'm well on my way to living life without the stressful anxieties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 06:16 PM
SAS Member

Thumbs up Hyperion. Moving to a new place and starting over must not have been easy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page