Im finally able to be myself - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy

Im finally able to be myself

Meaning I finally feel after 27 years. I'm truly able to be myself and people like me for who I am.
Now I feel I'm not bound by social anxiety anymore. I can be who I am in front of others and engage them and be myself ...and people like that.

I remember being 19 creating an account on here wondering if ill ever get over this... and I feel I have.

over the years I gradually opened up more and more being my bubbly,cheery self.

What sparked this post was just noticing how many people I interact with now. People come up to me say hey,hi and hug me due to previously knowing them on past jobs and its like I have a rainbow of acquaintances now lol

also this interview I did, the person interviewing me said so and so wouldn't have brought you to me if they didn't like you. and the fact I was able to engage them, talk to them not only about the company but their personal life and make them laugh ...it just made me take notice of how much I'm changing.

Its been a blessing to fight off SA... my new enemy is GAD lol
but I just thank God for my transformation... and the ability to make connections.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
Good! I'm sure you'll be able to beat GAD too
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 01:16 PM
SAS Member

That's great news! Would you say that anxiety is the main/only issue you face? I ask because anxiety is usually paired with depression and so it muddies the water when trying to recover from a mental health issue that is usually intertwined with another.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 04:25 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Congrats, thatís awesome news. Enjoy your new life.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Joz
SAS Member

Wow!! That’s what I’m trying to achieve... I’m a lot better than I was in the past but still got a long way to go. Congrats 🙂
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftoftheGaffe View Post
That's great news! Would you say that anxiety is the main/only issue you face? I ask because anxiety is usually paired with depression and so it muddies the water when trying to recover from a mental health issue that is usually intertwined with another.
yes you are correct. Generalized anxiety ...which causes slight depression or just saddness. I've definitely decided to go to therapy for it because this anxiety it keeps me from alot. It keeps me from standing up for myself, freak out if I'm alone and intrusive thoughts are a *****. So I need to make that change so my life is easier ...if therapy doesn't work. I'll try meds. I'm determined to get better.

But I mostly want to be more assertive.

I think working out and taking self defense or boxing classes along with therapy will help.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
Wow!! That’s what I’m trying to achieve... I’m a lot better than I was in the past but still got a long way to go. Congrats 🙂
Thank you. I also still have a ways to go. I still need to learn how to forge relationships and be assertive.And just basically come into adulthood mentally.

Also thanks everyone that posted.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 04:52 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Yeah you've come a long way .

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page