I went to my first concert/gig! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Next to normal

I went to my first concert/gig!

So about 3 or 4 days ago I went to my first concert! It was more like a gig since it was so small but that made it even better. To my surprise my anxiety was not present at all that whole night although I think my mother being with me had something to do with it. And I also met an online friend from twitter that night and her daughter. Although it took me some time to talk to them when they were right behind me in line my mom helped me introduce myself and they were super nice. The actual concert was nothing like I thought it would be and I was able to scream and yell and have a good time. I was also able to meet the musician and his opening act thanks to my mother who found them lol. I was really shocked with how normal I acted and I was able to talk to them and everything and even asked him for a hug and gave him a drawing. This was definitly one of the best nights of my life.

Another big thing that I accomplished was driving to another state for the first time. As a person who hates driving this was really big for me and I was glad my mother was there to help me.

And now I'm all alone again nowhere to turn, no one to go to. Without a home without a friend without a face to say hello to. ~ Les Mis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
That's awesome. One of my fav band is playing here and I'm thinking of going and it will be my first concert as well.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

Good for you! First concerts can be a place for anxiety to creep up on you with a lot of people being in one smallish space. My first and only concert didn't go all that well. I was a little panicked and couldn't really breathe but i got through it. But anyways im glad you were able to have a pleasant experience!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Next to normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverwipe View Post
Good for you! First concerts can be a place for anxiety to creep up on you with a lot of people being in one smallish space. My first and only concert didn't go all that well. I was a little panicked and couldn't really breathe but i got through it. But anyways im glad you were able to have a pleasant experience!
Aw, I'm sorry your first concert experience went that way and that's certainly what I was expecting. And thank you I think this shows what an improvment I have made in the past 2 years.

And now I'm all alone again nowhere to turn, no one to go to. Without a home without a friend without a face to say hello to. ~ Les Mis
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Annoyed Kitty

My Mood: Grumpy
Yay you and yay your mom for getting you out there

All it takes is 20 seconds of insane courage to do something amazing.
/ Le hablé de ti al desierto, y llovió.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Next to normal

Thank you!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Ray Rayyyy o' Sunshine

That's AWESOME Don'tDoSadness!! Good job and congratulations!! I looooove concerts. I would go to more if I had the money. Right now I am taking a "hiatus" from working since I have been so depressed, but a few years ago I was at concerts all the time. They're amazing, aren't they? I see you live in SC, ever go to the House of Blues? I've been there a few times...one time it was to see Alice in Chains, and last year I went to see Badfish, the Sublime tribute.

BTW, love the status. Made me laugh.

I'm going to start with a quote against Social Darwinism; then, a discussion of the Gilded Age, the robber barons, the Great Society, how we ended up with a huge wealth disparity in this country; and then, I'm going to end with a bluegrass version of Public Enemy's "Fight the Power."
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Next to normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRayy View Post
That's AWESOME Don'tDoSadness!! Good job and congratulations!! I looooove concerts. I would go to more if I had the money. Right now I am taking a "hiatus" from working since I have been so depressed, but a few years ago I was at concerts all the time. They're amazing, aren't they? I see you live in SC, ever go to the House of Blues? I've been there a few times...one time it was to see Alice in Chains, and last year I went to see Badfish, the Sublime tribute.

BTW, love the status. Made me laugh.
Thank you No I haven't :/ where I live all the good places are pretty far away from me and I had to travel a state away to go to the concert. This is why I've just lost my "concert virginity" lol

Thanks haha

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
is getting over herself

that is so completely awesome. that's what your young years are about - getting out there and having fun, so congrats!! that's huge!

Live Cage Free!!!! or, at least be wild caught.
SnowFlakesFire:

You can rebuild your self-esteem. Rebuild it into a way that others cannot destroy it anymore.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Starlight and moonbeams

Congratulations! That's great.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Next to normal

Thank you both! I hope I'll be able to have more moments like this in my young adult life.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Ray Rayyyy o' Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontDoSadness View Post
Thank you No I haven't :/ where I live all the good places are pretty far away from me and I had to travel a state away to go to the concert. This is why I've just lost my "concert virginity" lol

Thanks haha
Awww! Dude I totally understand about things being far away. That's how it is where I live, too. It's okay though because I've got the beach.

I was curious if you've ever been there before because House of Blues also serves food! It's like a restaurant on the outside. It's crazy expensive but SO DELICIOUS!

I'm going to start with a quote against Social Darwinism; then, a discussion of the Gilded Age, the robber barons, the Great Society, how we ended up with a huge wealth disparity in this country; and then, I'm going to end with a bluegrass version of Public Enemy's "Fight the Power."
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Next to normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRayy View Post
Awww! Dude I totally understand about things being far away. That's how it is where I live, too. It's okay though because I've got the beach.

I was curious if you've ever been there before because House of Blues also serves food! It's like a restaurant on the outside. It's crazy expensive but SO DELICIOUS!
You're lucky not even the beach is near me haha that's where the nearest House of Blues is too haha.

I need to visit I love food haha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page